looking for a classic

Started by dirtman, September 11, 2002, 04:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtman

Hey folks, I've been dreaming of owning a Penton ever since I was a kid. If their are any 250's or 400's out their let me know.
Thanks, Jim aka "dirtman"

Jim LeBell
Jim LeBell

rob w

Jim, This is important, think back to your dreams, can you see what you were doing on your Penton?, did it appear nice and seem to run good?, were you going fast or really fast? (and if you dream in color) what color was it?
Hi Jim, Just kidding, need more info and we'll find that bike. Rob

dirtman

Rob, My dream is me covered in mud and the only part of me showing is a great big smile. Rob I'm a big guy. 265lb's,6'3". I need a bike that can haul all that dirt around.It needs to be an enduro,older model in the 70's so I can race in classic's.I live in the central valley of california, but I plan on moving to Reno. If you can help me you be the bomb. Thanks, Jim

Jim LeBell
Jim LeBell

Larry Perkins

Jim,

See the listings under Penton or KTM motorcycles on ebay.  There is a 1974 Mint 400 for sale at what right now seems to be a very reasonable price.  It will haul whatever you got around.  The original test on these bikes said the new Penton Mint 400 makes words like speed, fear, and death take new meaning.  They aren't as gruesome as that but plenty of power and a potent Vintage weapon.  

You weigh 265?  Talk about fun-I raced one in GP events in 74 and 75 in West Texas and weighed about 165.  Yee Haw Ride em Cowboy.