Fichtel & Sachs AG

Started by Rodskaggs, November 19, 2017, 06:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodskaggs

I just picked up a bike listed as Penton 125 six Days but it doesn't say Penton on frame. Was a barn find for $400. Frame list - TYP SACHS J2516B #7341458.  Hub R 122 Help? I can't find anything about it. Anyone know? Not sure how to show pictures?

thrownchain

Frame number should be on the front of the steering head.

Rodskaggs

Thank you. The  info I listed is from the frame steering head: it is called a Fichtel & Sachs AG & the serial # is 7341458.  I've never heard of this & can't find it on line . It looks a lot like my Penton i.e. Ceriani forks, chrome tank, Sachs 125 engine, etc. .  just hoping someone could tell me what it is, is it worth restoring or should I part it out and get my money back.  It was an emotional buy?

JP Morgen

Maybe a Sachs with standard forks instead of the typical leading link forks, they were sold with both. DKW 125 very similar, not a Penton.

thrownchain

Pics would be helpful.gas tank metal or fiberglass?

Larry Perkins

It will have a metal tank and is a DKW or a Sachs.  Probably Betor forks.  Was an option on both.

Larry P

thrownchain

Back to one of your original questions, even if it's not a Penton, but a Sachs motorcycle, it's still worthy of repair or restoration. I own a couple of Sachs projects as well as a couple of DKWs.

Rodskaggs

Thanks everyone for feedback, it appears to be a Sach mx bike.  Tank is a neat chrome & cleaned awesome, pipe appears to be neat mx, forks great shape and  ceriani I'll send pictures and ask for help as I restore over winter

Carl Hill

I used to ride with a kid who had a 125 Hercules. Looked similar to my Penton at a distance. That thing was a screamer. That was back in the 70s.  I would imagine they are pretty rare.  Definitely worth restoring if it is mostly there.