NOTICE: The White Lightning is Back!

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, December 04, 2017, 06:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

NOTICE:  The White Lightning is Back!

Due to land use issues with the county government, the Rock Branch National event name and the Elberton, GA location were abandoned.

So, The White Lightning is back!  Still laid out and produced by ISDT/ AHRMA veteran Greg Holder, with my helping as much as I can will tending to my sixteen year old Autistic son, Elijah.

10th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic

March 17 - 18, 2018

Pre-entries close: March 2 (online entries close Mar. 5 11am EST)

Rounds 1 & 2 of the John Penton / Preston Petty National Cross Country Series

To Benefit the Elijah Roof Medical Fund

Track Address:      Randy Hawkins' Silver Hawk Plantation                 771 Mudbridge Road, Buffalo, SC 29321

GPS Coordinates:   34°44'37.318"N    81°43'13.935"W

Gate Fee:      $20.00 per person for the weekend.  
                        Under 16 FREE

Gate Opens:      12:00 pm Friday and 6:30 am Saturday &    
                        Sunday.  

Gate Closes:       5:00 pm on Friday & Saturday and 11:30 am
                        Sunday.

If the gate is closed when you arrive, you
                        must report there the next morning, pay your
                        gate fee, sign the release, and get your
                        security bracelet.

Camping:      Motorhomes and campers welcome.  
                        Primitive camping.  No hook ups.  
                        Campfires are welcome as long as you follow
                        Smokey Bear's rules.

Lodging:      Union, SC, Clinton, SC, Newberry, SC    
                        Spartanburg, SC           

Saturday Dinner:   Hickory Smoked Barbecue from nearby  
                        Midway BBQ with Buns, Green Beans, Macaroni
                        Pie, Slaw, Banana Pudding, Peach Cobbler, and
                        beverages.  

$10.00 per person

Bring your own chair.

2017 AHRMA Cross Country Awards following
                        dinner.

Concessions:      By the Buffalo Volunteer Fire Department to
                        benefit the Department.
         Breakfast Saturday, Lunch Saturday, and
                        Breakfast Sunday

Al Roof at [email protected]

Info & entry form at: http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/

skiracer

Dinner sounds great!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

skiracer

Knowing Greg, I am sure the course will be awesome to ride!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

dennis brown

am already looking forward to it.we will be there

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Mick Milakovic

Mick

BlueRidgePathfinder

NOTICE:  The White Lightning is Back!

Due to land use issues with the county government, the Rock Branch National event name and the Elberton, GA location were abandoned.

So, The White Lightning is back!  Still laid out and produced by ISDT/ AHRMA veteran Greg Holder, with my helping as much as I can will tending to my sixteen year old Autistic son, Elijah.

10th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic

March 17 - 18, 2018

Pre-entries close: March 2 (online entries close Mar. 5 11am EST)

Rounds 1 & 2 of the John Penton / Preston Petty National Cross Country Series

To Benefit the Elijah Roof Medical Fund

Track Address:      Randy Hawkins' Silver Hawk Plantation                 771 Mudbridge Road, Buffalo, SC 29321

GPS Coordinates:   34°44'37.318"N    81°43'13.935"W

Gate Fee:      $20.00 per person for the weekend.  
                        Under 16 FREE

Gate Opens:      12:00 pm Friday and 6:30 am Saturday &    
                        Sunday.  

Gate Closes:       5:00 pm on Friday & Saturday and 11:30 am
                        Sunday.

If the gate is closed when you arrive, you
                        must report there the next morning, pay your
                        gate fee, sign the release, and get your
                        security bracelet.

Camping:      Motorhomes and campers welcome.  
                        Primitive camping.  No hook ups.  
                        Campfires are welcome as long as you follow
                        Smokey Bear's rules.

Lodging:      Union, SC, Clinton, SC, Newberry, SC    
                        Spartanburg, SC           

Saturday Dinner:   Hickory Smoked Barbecue from nearby  
                        Midway BBQ with Buns, Green Beans, Macaroni
                        Pie, Slaw, Banana Pudding, Peach Cobbler, and
                        beverages.  

$10.00 per person

Bring your own chair.

2017 AHRMA Cross Country Awards following
                        dinner.

Concessions:      By the Buffalo Volunteer Fire Department to
                        benefit the Department.
         Breakfast Saturday, Lunch Saturday, and
                        Breakfast Sunday

Al Roof at [email protected]

Info & entry form at: http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

World renowned Midway BBQ is catering our dinner Saturday night at the Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

Recognized by Southern Living Magazine as one of "the South's Legendary Barbecue Joints", check out Midway BBQ's website at http://midwaybbq.com

On the menu is:

- Hickory Smoked Barbecue (pulled) with sauces on the side
- Buns
- Green Beans
- Macaroni Pie
- Slaw
- Banana Pudding
- Peach Cobbler
- Sweet Tea, Unsweetened Tea or Water

$10.00 per person.

2017 Year End AHRMA Cross Country Series award will be given out following the dinner.

Please let me know if you plan to participate in the meal.

See you there.

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

As you may have noticed, this year's 10th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic will benefit our sixteen year old son Elijah's medical expenses stemming from Acute Autistic Regression.

Often a period of autistic regression begins during or after puberty or during the transition to adulthood (late teens to early twenties). ... However, autistic regression can happen at any age and is often preceded by a major life change or a period of increased stress. In Elijah's case, his acute regression came on at the end of last year's school term, resulting in severe anxiety attacks, loss of verbal communication, and other severe symptoms of Autism he had never suffered before.

Since then Elijah has undergone concerted treatment by his pediatrician, a neurologist, a licensed professional counselor, and child psychologist/developmental & behavioral pediatrician. Over the past eight months he has undergone hospitalization several times, involving CT scans, electroencephalograms, and MRI.

Although Elijah is still unable to attend school, I am happy to report he has shown dramatic improvement, for which we are very thankful.

As you might imagine, in addition to insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles paid, we have accrued a significant amount of debt, and are looking at another six to nine months of treatment.

White Lightning Cross Country Classic founder Greg Holder, with whom I have worked as event co-producer for nine years, would like this year's gate fee to go towards settling our medical debt.

Since the announcement of Greg's charitable decision, quite a few folks (unable to attend the event) have asked how to go about making contributions. In the absence of a crowdfunding campaign, we would ask that such contributions be sent to:

C. Al Roof
3224 Sparrow Springs Road
Gastonia, NC 28052-9233

For simplicity's sake, checks may be made payable to me, C. Al Roof, or, if you prefer, either to M2CreditCare (financed debt from Caromont Regional Medical Center) or AccessOne (financed debt from Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast / Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital).

Thank you, in advance, to those of you wishing to help us in our continuing effort to bring Elijah back to his version of "normal".

May God bless you all.

Al & Dianne Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

As you may have noticed, this year's 10th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic will benefit our sixteen year old son Elijah's medical expenses stemming from Acute Autistic Regression.

Often a period of autistic regression begins during or after puberty or during the transition to adulthood (late teens to early twenties). ... However, autistic regression can happen at any age and is often preceded by a major life change or a period of increased stress. In Elijah's case, his acute regression came on at the end of last year's school term, resulting in severe anxiety attacks, loss of verbal communication, and other severe symptoms of Autism he had never suffered before.

Since then Elijah has undergone concerted treatment by his pediatrician, a neurologist, a licensed professional counselor, and child psychologist/developmental & behavioral pediatrician. Over the past eight months he has undergone hospitalization several times, involving CT scans, electroencephalograms, and MRI.

Although Elijah is still unable to attend school, I am happy to report he has shown dramatic improvement, for which we are very thankful.

As you might imagine, in addition to insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles paid, we have accrued a significant amount of debt, and are looking at another six to nine months of treatment.

White Lightning Cross Country Classic founder Greg Holder, with whom I have worked as event co-producer for nine years, would like this year's gate fee to go towards settling our medical debt.

Since the announcement of Greg's charitable decision, quite a few folks (unable to attend the event) have asked how to go about making contributions. In the absence of a crowdfunding campaign, we would ask that such contributions be sent to:

C. Al Roof
3224 Sparrow Springs Road
Gastonia, NC 28052-9233

For simplicity's sake, checks may be made payable to me, C. Al Roof, or, if you prefer, either to M2CreditCare (financed debt from Caromont Regional Medical Center) or AccessOne (financed debt from Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast / Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital).

Thank you, in advance, to those of you wishing to help us in our continuing effort to bring Elijah back to his version of "normal".

May God bless you all.

Al & Dianne Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Preston Petty Products is sponsoring a silent auction at the 10th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic, to benefit my son Elijah's medical expenses.

Dianne and I are extremely thankful to Paul & Patti Stannard and Mike & Sue Murphy for their loving support and generosity.

The silent auction is for an awesome package of Preston Petty Products, to include:

White Headlight Numberplate Assembly;
White IT Rear Fender;
White MX Front Fender;
Mesh Racing Jersey;
Vintage Style T-shirt;
Embroidered Cap;
and two Oval Numberplates.

Proxy bidding has already begun on this silent auction, with the high bid currently at $375.00 on February 16,2018.

Proxy bids may be made by text to 704-621-9207.

skiracer

Big shout out to Al, Greg, and all the volunteers for putting on an awesome event!  For those of you who missed it, you missed a classic XC event. One of the best I have ever ridden.  Thanks guys!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

BlueRidgePathfinder

Thank you Jimmy Lube!

I'm glad you had a good time.

We appreciate your continued support of our event.

Al

Quotequote:Originally posted by skiracer

Big shout out to Al, Greg, and all the volunteers for putting on an awesome event!  For those of you who missed it, you missed a classic XC event. One of the best I have ever ridden.  Thanks guys!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC

Mick Milakovic

Hey Jim, thanks for delivering the six day motor, and congratulations on the Saturday win!

Mick
Mick

skiracer

Glad I could help out!  Great spending time chatting with you, that was a really fun course.......

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

Hey Jim, thanks for delivering the six day motor, and congratulations on the Saturday win!

Mick

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

D. Gavin

Great to hear of your success on Saturday JL.  Way to go!
The pics I saw so far showed a real fun course.

Quotequote:Originally posted by skiracer

Glad I could help out!  Great spending time chatting with you, that was a really fun course.......

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

Mick

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC