250 down pipe

Started by Jay Brown, December 08, 2017, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Brown

Hello, looking for a down pipe for a 1975 250 motor. Thank you

G Ellis

Jay Brown

Yeah I know but if you don't ask you never know. Circle F used to make them and Jemco will make the body and give me the head pipe to weld to fit. I've got a Cranke pipe for it and can duplicate those dimensions.

Daniel P. McEntee

Just curious, but what is a Cranke Pipe? I have an up pipe that was opn a '73 250 that I got, that had the stinger reversed and turned up into the last section of the main body of the pipe. I think some one told me that this was a Cranke pipe? Anyhow, if that will do you any good for the parts to fabricate what you need I will sell that to you just to help make me some room. Send me an email to: dpmcenthusiast at aol dot com and I think I have some photos of it I can send you.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Jay Brown

It's a pipe made or designed by Carl Cranke

rob brown

Reading this thread took me back several years. Back in that era, my buddy Ollie McKagen built some wild pipes. He also designed and fabbed some wild and crazy suspension concepts. He was the smartest/most "out there" guy I ever met. I spent many a day and night in his house/garage. He wedged a Kawasaki triple into a KTM 125, among other things. I saw him weld pipes with the "internal stinger". He was extra diligent to ensure the backflow went into the center of the pipe to provide bottom end grunt. He wrote some articles for Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider. He patented several items too. There is some info on him on the Eurospares website. He passed away several years ago, but our group will never forget that guy. He was definitely one of a kind, and he changed my world viewpoint. One of my other buddies still has a few of those special bikes. Good memories...