F/S 1975 Mint 400 Project - SOLD

Started by iyaoyas, January 06, 2018, 08:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iyaoyas

Price reduced to $1,500

Additional Photos added on 02/11/18...

Engine#: 4-5500857
Frame#: 54 411 79605

Sold as-is on a bill of sale.  I've been sitting on this 'nugget' for over a year now.  A friend delivered the engine to Chicago Jerry during last year's York Swapmeet.  Since then life has gotten in the way of moving forward with this project so I've decided to pass this one along to another like-minded enthusiast.  The engine resides with Chicago Jerry who is/was planning on starting the re-build this spring so you can discuss any special build requests with him.  The rest of the bike resides with me here in Gastonia, NC - 28056.  Unfortunately I'll not be attending the York Swapmeet as originally planned this year but I will gladly assist with logistics to have the bike shipped to you.  Stephen Markley (704) 860-9052

New Photos as of 02/11/18 (Current State):

Bike will be delivered as shown here with the box of parts and I'll even throw in a spare tank.   Please no "tire kickers"...thank you!

firstturn

Just a side note:  When dealing with Stephen he is totally HONEST and will always answer your questions.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

iyaoyas

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the kind words...!

Larry Perkins

Not a big deal but this is a 1975 model not 1974.  Same as 1974.5 model but made in November which makes it next year model.

Larry P

iyaoyas

Okay, built in November 1974 as model year 1975.  Thanks Larry...

iyaoyas

Price lowered... also found what appears to be the original carb and other small bits & pieces.

iyaoyas

Price lowered... also found what appears to be the original carb and other small bits & pieces.

Wardie

sent u my cell number please call me Thanks

iyaoyas

Updated original listing on 02/11/18 with more photos...

skiracer

So, what does the price include?  The bike with a rebuilt motor, or just the rolling frame and extra parts with the motor being an additional cost?

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

iyaoyas

Hello Ski...  The price includes everything i.e., the bike, engine, manual, spare fuel tank and loose parts shown in the box.  Thanks for asking...

-Stephen

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi Stephen;
  What I think he and others may want to know, is the engine rebuilt? I'm assuming for the new asking price, the engine needs to be rebuilt yet. If you were closer to me, I think it may have found a home with me!
  Good luck with the sale,
  Dan McEntee

iyaoyas

Good point Dan, thanks for posting.  The engine needs to be re-built so the buyer will have to coordinate with Jerry on this.  Jerry is aware that I'm selling the bike and is happy to work with the buyer regarding his/her preference for the engine build.

I've included my phone number in the listing and encourage anyone interested in the bike to give me a call with questions.  

Thanks again-

-Stephen

Mick Milakovic

I will be going to the White Lightning AHRMA event next month and can pick this bike up for someone.  I'll  be attending events in Louisiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Arkansas, Michigan, Alabama, and am planning a summer "Tour" this year of Pennsylvania, New York and down the East Coast.  I can hold the bike and deliver later.  I live very near Indianapolis.

Mick
Mick

iyaoyas