Hi-Point trailer

Started by Okie, January 17, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okie

I'm looking for a Hi Point trailer Hp14. Let me know.
Thanks
Okie :D

Have fun and the day will take care of it's self.
Have fun and the day will take care of it\\\'s self.

Okie

I'm still looking for a HP 14 or a HP16. thanks
Okie

Have fun and the day will take care of it's self.
Have fun and the day will take care of it\\\'s self.

Paul Danik

Okie,

If you do a Craigslist search with Tempest and use Penton as the search word, and don't put in a distance limit, there are at times a number of them for sale, such as this one.

https://toledo.craigslist.org/tro/d/perrysburg-hi-point-by-penton/6799736859.html

Be sure to take a flashlight along with you and check out the frame very carefully when you find one, John and Jack did such an inspection of the POG trailer before giving the green light to buy it, and who would know better what to look for.

Also, I once hooked onto one and was going to buy it but when going 50 miles an hour down the road it became obvious that the front was delaminated as the negative pressure from the air flowing up and over it allowed for the outer layer of fiberglass to be sucked out into what looked like a gigantic bubble in the rear view mirror. Needless to say I took it back and parked it.

Having many years of experience with motorhomes and travel trailers with fiberglass skins has me very, very alert to signs of delamination. Always good to stand back and look longwise at the walls from a distance and look for waviness.

They are great trailers, but just wanted to pass along what to look for.

Hope this helps.
Paul

skiracer

Great information Paul, thanks for sharing....

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa