Hello From Southern California

Started by Scootern29, January 28, 2018, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scootern29

Quotequote:Originally posted by JP Morgen

Welcome! Do you have the porting and pipe specs for that engine? Works wonders!!

Thanks JP. I don't have those specs. My first priority is to get the bike complete and go from there. I would be very open to seeing them though. If you could send them electronically my email is [email protected]

Thanks

firstturn

Scott great history and looking nice like all your builds.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Andreas Piepke

This looks very clean! Is the motor already in good shape or do you plan to go through it? I have a Penton just like this but in pieces, it will be my next project.

Have fun!

Andreas

'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
'73 Norton Commando
'77 Maico 440 GS
\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

Scootern29

Since my last post, my wife decided we are moving. So I haven't had much time to work on anything until the past couple of weeks. I got the wheels done and some other odds and ends. I will be getting ahold of Al B. this week and get some more parts ordered. So far the bike is going together real well. Here's a pic. Not the greatest but.....

G Ellis

Deck height .052 is the sweet spot, from top of the L ring.

Louis Garcia

Hi I just decided to sell my 1976 mc5 -250 call for pictures it's in very good condition I think you would like it

Louis Garcia

Sorry I forgot to give you my phone number I'm old 209-603-2038

Scootern29

Louis I'm not really interested at the moment. Maybe later if you still have it.

Scootern29

I've had a little time to work on the bike, I'm also in the middle of remodeling a house to sell. I have a few more little things to finish up and I may start it next week. I rolled it out of the shop today. BTW that is the original paint on the gas tank. I used some plastic polish to restore it.

I also forgot to say that this bike came in 5 boxes completely disassembled. It's been a fun puzzle to put together.

t20sl

You did a great job.  Considering all the work buying a house and gettng the old one ready to sell I would say fantastic!

Ted

Scootern29

I forgot to post the finished bike as I have been busy the past few months. It started on the first kick and I rode it around the hood. These bikes are very fast compared to other makes I've rode. I may try and race it next month if the weather gets better and I get some time to ride.

firstturn

Thanks for the pictures Scott.  Beautiful as usual for you.  I Pray you are feeling better my Friend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Pat Oshaughnessy

It looks almost exactly like the one I had. Back in that time 75_76 it was faster & better handling than any of the other 250cc bikes! Brings back great memories![:p]

Mick Milakovic

Beautiful Scott, you're gonna like it!

Mick
Mick

Rocket

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this bike is NOT a high breather frame.  I've only run across one other one last year when I worked on a 76 400.  What is the frame serial number?
RCG