Newsletter

Started by johnborn, February 20, 2018, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnborn

Alan , it looks like you have outdone yourself.Thank You.

Oldebonz

Yes you have!!! Thanks for all you do! Paul ,too!!!

Richard Colahan

Wow! Thanks to all that put together this keep-sake issue.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Pat Oshaughnessy

Many thanks to all . A fantastic job . Well Done .[:p]

Rick Bennett

A couple weeks ago I decided to look up a couple guys I knew from back in the day that rode Pentons. I sent in a membership for them to introduce them to the POG. I hope to get them to the 50th so maybe they can meet John and see all the displays. The newsletter does a great job of holding the group together. I know how much work goes into the make up of an issue as I do this for the WW1 airplane group. Without the hard work of a dozen or so individuals out of the 500 members this group wouldn't continue. A big salute to Al and the rest for all you do.

dennis brown

great issue!!

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

jeff greenberg

Super good ! Thanks Alan!

ALB

Thank you all for the kind words. [8D]

Unless you have done a newsletter, you have no idea of the time and energy it takes to put one of these together.
I pulled out all the stops on this one to make it a keepsake. The process came close to burning me out because of the timing to get it out before the end of February (1 month sooner than normal), so that you would have it before the 50th Anniversary event.
I had to do a lot of research (hours and hours)to put the 50 year time line together and the article on the Penton Owners Group. Where was Al Born when you needed him? Makes me appreciate all the research that AL put into his "Way it Was" articles that he wrote all those years.

I am grateful for the people who helped me with this issue. Ted Guthrie is an excellent story teller and he wrote a great perspective of what happened at the York Swap Meet. Paul Busick kept his word and wrote a great article about the Hi-Point Trailer. Paul Danik always helps out with the newsletters and he and Scott Brogan helped to fine tune some of the articles.
A special thanks goes to the following people who responded to my request for the "50 Years in Retrospect" article:
Carl Cranke - he was the first to respond
Ted Guthrie - he came in 2nd place
Bob Wentzel
Larry Maiers
Bud Green
Todd Huffman
Toni Roach - She was the last one to respond and held up the completion of the newsletter. However, the best was saved for last. She nailed it as to what I wanted for that article, and anyone who did not get a little bit choked up when reading it, they need to read it again.

The final process to putting these newsletters together is having someone proof read them for punctuation and spelling. Don Roth took over that job when Al Born passed away.

The Penton Owners Group is more than the other motorcycle clubs that are out there. It is amazing when you read the Penton Owner Group article on all the things that have happened and been involved with over the past 20 years. It is not just about the motorcycles, it is about you our members. ;)

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Cal Alexander

Al, the article I enjoyed the most was reading about your history with Penton parts and the POG. Thank you for all you have done to preserve the brand and help us with parts and Penton restorations. You sir have gone above and beyond the call.
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

firstturn

Thanks Al for all you do and what you have done over the years.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh