1975 Penton GS250 FOR SALE

Started by Ed Brown, March 07, 2018, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Brown

Hi All,

picked this up and was trying to verify model and year and if by chance anybody knows history of this bike possibly? It has yellow paint marks on it-maybe a old ISDT bike?

thanks!,
Ed

rob w

Hi Ed, First start by going to the home page, then go to "Production Year Guide", then go to "The Last 5 Digits", and read that. That will tell you when (month and year) your bike was made.
Frame number is on the front of the head tube / steer tube.
Bob

Scootern29

I'm happy someone on here got that bike. That dumbass dicked me around for hours and wouldn't commit to selling it to me for his stated price.

It looks like a 1975 by the multi position shock mounts. The Curnutts are a bonus. I can rebuild them for you. They are the gas shocks.

Daniel P. McEntee

If it's got paint on it, it could be qualifier markings. My brother's 73 250 Husky still has tech inspection paint markings on it from the 1974 two day qualifier in Potosi, MO (now known as Park Hills.) Look to see if the head and cylinder have small holes drilled for a seal to be placed to secure the head. If a true ISDT mount, I think they scribed the rider numeber into the marker paint in several places, like rims and such. Look for that.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Ed Brown

Thanks for the info, yellow dabs of paint and green paint in different places and yes head and cylinder drilled. So i would guess a qualifier bike because no Rider numbers in the paint.

Pat Oshaughnessy

Ed i have a exh. side cover i think is for your 250 . it wont fit on my 73. Its fiberglass has real good paint. Chipped on rt. upper corner. Let me know if you want it. 209 772 2027. [8D]

Ed Brown

Thanks for all the help-decided to sell the bike, asking $2295-can email better pics.

Ed Brown

Husky

Has anyone asked if it runs?

1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1974 Penton Harescrambler
1983 Husqvarna XC500
1988 Husqvarna Auto
2004 KTM 450 EXC
1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1974 Penton Harescrambler
1983 Husqvarna XC500
1988 Husqvarna Auto
2004 KTM 450 EXC

Ed Brown

Sorry, it starts, runs and shifts fine.

skiracer

Nice metal brake in the background!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Gordon Brennan

Quotequote:Originally posted by skiracer

Nice metal brake in the background!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer

Funny stuff James. I don't consider myself nosy, but often times find myself spending as much time looking at what's in the background as what's for sale.
I've even contacted sellers to ask about the other bike, tool or machine I can see in the photo. I usually get a "Huh, I didn't even know that was in the photo. Sure come take a look!" You never know.

Pat Oshaughnessy

I just sold Ed my  DR 650. A great guy to deal with. Iwould buy from him any day. [:p]

Patton

Ed, I live in Georgia. Too far away or it would be sold. Good luck, looks like a nice 250.

Robert Patton

Ed Brown