WTB PENTON 125

Started by PentonGirl21, March 13, 2018, 04:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PentonGirl21

Been looking for a Penton for some time now.
Willing to restore, or purchase one already done.
Either way, I would be happy to own one.

Would consider looking at others besides 125.
Prefer having a sachs motor.
Located in Ohio, will travel if need be.
Feel free to email me with photos and info.
[email protected]
\\"Penton Ways, Every Day.\\" -21v

Dale Fisher

1972 Six-Day (no-title)   $3100. (offers considered)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79756468@N06/albums/72157671502091424

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

SouthRider

That's a beautiful bike Dale!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

firstturn

Beautiful bike at a great price.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

My best guess is that it is an older restoration.  I replaced the seat cover, replaced the yellowed rear fender, added the center stand, and added a rear brake light switch. Everything else on the bike was so nice every rusty piece of hardware was replaced with current fasteners.  The tail light and brake light were working but either a wire worked loose or the bulb vibrated itself into oblivion.  Haven't been back to diagnosis the issue.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Samantha, Retrieved your membership application at the post office today.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride [8D]

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

PentonGirl21

Sent you an email.
Give me a shout if you can and maybe I can come look at it.

"All I ever wanted was a lightweight motorcycle that I could rely on. I never realized that I was redefining the sport." - John Penton

PentonGirl21

Thank you so much, I have a strong love for Penton and the people involved with the sport. Glad to be on board! :)

"All I ever wanted was a lightweight motorcycle that I could rely on. I never realized that I was redefining the sport." - John Penton

rob w

Dale's post -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/79756468@N06/albums/72157671502091424
I've seen it a dozen times. To me, no matter how you look at it - that's a Husqvarna front fender on a Penton. Just doesn't go. Unless it's a Woodsman.

SouthRider

Yes - but it's a period correct fender that was available from your dealer in the same time frame as that bike.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Larry Perkins

The plastic fenders were not available in 1972.  It was aluminum or flat Pettys.

Larry P

Dale Fisher

It certainly would be a plus if a machine could share some insight on it's former owner(s) actions.  I would say part of the fun in collecting and restoring is researching and identifying the "roots" of a project and deciding where to take it.  A new owner could certainly revert the fenders to aluminum, add a took bag rack and tool bag, and add a speedo bracket and speedo.  It remains largely as found and will be missed as what I consider a nice Six-Day example and display bike ;)

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Mark Sterling

1971 125 project needs ignition has no mag as found, tank needs paint but straight. Has alloy front fender period flat petty on back, correct perches ,levers and cables, center stand, no lights, has good rubber and straight wheels, Bore clean and piston looks good, sprockets are good, will need seat cover but pan and foam good. Clutch seems ok but gear box may need attention. Have correct decent pipe but arrestor welded on. also have good 72 pipe. For pictures call Mark Sterling@ 304-676-7072 or email [email protected]

PentonGirl21

Thank you for the reply everyone!
I appreciate yall and am happy to be an official Penton owner.
Thank you to Dale for the opportunity and everyone else for helping me out!