82 mm pistons needed/ may be produced?

Started by chicagojerry, April 29, 2018, 09:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all. i am in need of at least 1 82 mm piton for a early ktm 400 motor.next size bigger may work too. any help is appreciated,   chi jer

chicagojerry

hi all.  denny ligerot  gets these 400 pistons made through wiseco from time to time. he was finally free up to return my phone calls tonight. he would like some type of commitment on at least 10 pistons to make a run of them. i can personally commit to 3 for myself. al buehner only has pistons up to 81.75 mm.  i have at least 3 that need a 82mm. denny would like input on what sizes to have made. he states that probably 3 different sizes. i would vote for 82 mm for certain. after that, probably 82.5 in there somewhere so after that either 82.25, 82.75, or 83mm. i know i have at least one hole big enough for an 83mm. also, rings for a 82.75 would probably have to be played with some, down from 83mm. so speaking for myself, i would probably go with 82mm 82.5 and 83.  
  i have been concerned with the lack of larger size pistons for the 400's so hopefully some of you that need them can commit to a purchase as well. feel free to chime in...  chi jer

pentons4ever

Hey Jerry I have a nos 400 piston but no rings..haven't even looked for a size on it and wouldn't know if it's like a jackpiner piston that vary depending on the year.if u want stop by and check it out..no rings?? Don't remember seeing them but not sure till I go look

Larry Perkins

I think Al has plenty of rings.

Larry P

pentons4ever

82.25 original box circlips no rings

Kip Kern

Contact Wossner, they will manufacture small quantities.  I have Jawa ISDT pistons made 4 each.

chicagojerry

chicagojerry

hey jay cobb. i sent you a message through this message board.  hopefully you got it. try to give me a call please. 440 213 5146