ISO JACKPINER 175

Started by PentonGirl21, July 12, 2018, 10:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PentonGirl21

Hello everyone,

I have been looking into different bikes to race some vintage races on. Thinking the Jackpiner may be a good choice for me. I am still learning the Penton ways. However, my biggest goal is to spread the Penton name the best that I can. Does anyone have one for sale? Willing to work on one if needed. I appreciate input as well. Thanks in advance!

"All I ever wanted was a lightweight motorcycle that I could rely on. I never realized that I was redefining the sport." - John Penton
\\"Penton Ways, Every Day.\\" -21v

Kip Kern

Missed a nice rider at Mid Ohio last weekend.  Contact Dave McCullough or Nelson M. on this site.  They had an original 73 beauty for sale very reasonable.  Tulsa OK area.  Have fun!

Paul Danik

PG21,

I think your logic in looking for a Jackpiner to race / ride is spot on. Excellent power and reliability. AS you study / learn "The Penton Ways", you will notice that John Penton chose smaller bore machines as well, such as the 250cc BMW and the 175cc NSU instead of the larger bore machines from those manufactures.

It was very nice meeting you at VMD.

Paul

Bob Gilman

You should get in touch with Toni Roach POG's best female rider,she excels in mx,trials,and hare scrambles for some help,she could tell you whats best to start with.

SouthRider

Nelson's Jackpiner is for sale on Facebook. Looks to be a great price for a clean bike.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

wfopete

A 'Piner is fine bike for XC racing but if you want to mix it up with some motocross consider a 125 or a 250 as many MX events do not offer a 175/200 class and racing a 175 in MX against 250s is tuff.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Splintfemur

Any luck? Did you prefer vintage or post vintage? I may have one for sale
Ps-those models are very good in CC <200cc classes . And try not to buy a full restoration version if you're  going to thrash it in the woods