Victor Monz

Started by Larry Perkins, October 19, 2018, 11:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

It saddens my heart to report that Victor Monz passed away last night.  Victor lost his long time battle against COPD.  He had a great knowledge of the Penton motorcycles and was an all around great guy.  He built many Pentons and helped a lot of POG members.  Today I purchased the last bike he was working on, a 1971 Steel Tanker and will take it to completion.  I am trying to work out a deal to purchase his remaing stash so it can be passed on to help other people's Pentons become whole.  Victor will be missed.  RIP my friend!

Larry P

firstturn

Thanks Larry.  Victor reached out to this passed week while I was in the hospital having surgery.  He fought a long and hard fight.  Great Racer and Friend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Cal Alexander

Very Sorry to learn of Victor's passing. I know he was struggling greatly with COPD. I recently purchased Victor's one owner Mint 400 and I'm in the process of restoring it to pristine condition. I also sent Victor a big box of steel tanker parts and odds n ends to help him with his Tanker project. Larry please forward some pictures of the tanker when your finished with it. Victor was always very honest, transparent and generous in my dealings with him. Another great POG member gone too soon!

God be with you Victor
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

Al Martin

Sorry to hear. Our condolences to his family & friends from the Martin family.

Pat Oshaughnessy

I talked to Victor last week. A good Man! I bought a 73 250 & several parts from him. Rest in Piece my friend.:(

hankthecrank

RIP Victor. We're praying for his family.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Pat Oshaughnessy

I only knew Victor a short time. I sent him a grey lever cover he needed. I put in a note . It said he was a good man & a good friend. Im sure glad I did that. Sorry for misspelling peace.

rob brown

Very sad to read this. I bought a seat and tank for my Berkshire from him. I enjoyed our conversation and discussion about life circumstances. He was very good to work with. Rest in Peace...

Ron, I noticed your post that also mentioned your surgery? I hope you are ok.

firstturn

Thanks Rob.  Continuing working with M D Anderson Cancer Center in Houston trying to heal a cancer area on my head.  God is Good and I have had a lot of Prayers.  Thanks and I will miss Victor.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Don Roth

I,like many on this board,have exchanged parts w/ Victor, always a square deal, as  Billy Joel said "Only the good die young" (frown here)
-don

ALB

It is a surprise for me to find out that Victor passed on.
I talked to him last week. He sounded good on the phone and was having one of his "good" days.

I am saddened with his going. I have had many good conversations with him over the years, sharing stories and laughter. He will be missed, but I am also happy that his pain and suffering is over.

We are all blessed to having Victor as member of the Penton Owners Group and avid collector of the Penton motorcycles. Several years ago he suffered a major heart attack in the parking lot of a restaurant. Somehow, he survived that experience and was able to spend more time with us. Technically he could have died on that day. It is interesting how life works and plays games with us.

Victor you are one of the best.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

G Ellis

Prayers out to the family.

jeff greenberg

RIP Victor. He had become a friend over the past 3-4 years.So much passion for everything Penton .  And a believer ! Already miss him.  We are losing way to many .
Jeff

Cal Alexander

I just received an update from Victor's Nephew / Friend Mike Duke on the upcoming Memorial Service.
Services will be held in Hemet, California on November 1st at 5PM.
The address for the mortuary is as follows:

Miller Jones Mortuary
1501 West, Florida Ave
Hemet, Ca. 92545

Phone Number 951-658-3161
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The link below will take you to Victor's obituary in the Lorain Morning Journal.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/morningjournal/obituary.aspx?n=victor-j-monz&pid=190563800&fhid=7340

Paul