Ollie Martin has passed

Started by ALB, October 22, 2018, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

I received a call from Al Martin this morning. His dad, Ollie Martin passed on early this morning.
Al will be posting Ollie's obit as soon as the funeral arrangement have been made.

Ollie had been under Hospice care and was placed on Oxygen a couple of weeks ago. He had been experiencing severe pain over the past several months and thankfully was on medications to ease that pain.
The family did not expect him to make it to Thanksgiving. It is a blessing that his pain and suffering is now over.

Ollie was a long time board member of the POG and was one of the "quiet" guys that would always pitch in and help get things done.

Ollie, you were one of the "best of the best" and will be missed.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

G Ellis

Al Martin

Rocket

Very sorry to hear this, Ollie was a very nice guy and I enjoyed talking with him at Mid-Ohio.
RCG

scott brogan

What a great guy. Yes one o the best. You will be missed my friend.
Thank you for all the great times.

rob w

For the 17 years I've been a POG member, I have enjoyed Ollie's friendship very much.
A Penton man to the core, very knowledgeable, constantly had the next project in the works to talk about, as hard of a worker for POG as anyone, but mostly always smiling, laughing, and pleasant.
Folks were not aware of his racing accomplishments, but Ollie, along with Al Born in 1969, were two of the fastest 100 and 125 scrambles racers in the nation.
I will always remember him, and miss his company. Thank you for your friendship Ollie.

Bob Wardlow

slvrbrdfxr

My heartfelt condolences to the entire Martin family. Ollie was one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet and helped me out on a number of occasions. Sure will miss seeing and talking to him at all the POG events. Godspeed my friend !
Dave McCullough