KTM down shifting issue...

Started by skiracer, December 21, 2018, 07:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Thanks Jon!  Lots of knowledge here.  Most of what I know I learned from others after trying it the hard way!  Learned a lot about the KTM motored bikes from Bobby Lucas.  He built bikes and kept them lined out from afar in 5 of my 11 National Championships.  Always glad when I can help.  Most of the time I have an idea but it is not always the right one.

Larry P

skiracer

I'm back...... So I decided to change the shifting drum in my 250.  No problem getting it changed, however, it won't change gears.  What did I do wrong? (besides starting to work on it...)

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

JP Morgen

Oops! Hard to say what is wrong now....5 speed drum? They are the same, but different pin set up on the end. Does the gear lever move up and down, or not at all? Too tight shimming on drum? Keep looking, you will find something.

JP Morgen

Oops! Hard to say what is wrong now....5 speed drum? They are the same, but different pin set up on the end. Does the gear lever move up and down, or not at all? Too tight shimming on drum? Keep looking, you will find something.