POG at the Piston Power Show

Started by Paul Danik, March 05, 2019, 04:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

" With more than 1,000 custom cars, trucks, bikes, tractors, military equipment, and vintage aircraft, it's the largest show of its kind in the world!"

The quote above taken from the shows website pretty much sums up what the Piston Power Show at the IX Center is all about, and given that our beloved Penton Sportcycles all have a piston in them we should feel right at home.

POG Trustee Tom Worcester has pretty much taken the bull by the horns and arranged for the POG to have a display at the event and from the sounds of it we just might have the only off road motorcycles in the show.

Thank you Tom for your hard work in getting all of the arrangements made, and a big thank you as well to all of you Penton owners who have arranged with Tom to have machines in the show.

The show runs from Friday March 15th thru Sunday March 17th. The link below will take you to the shows website. The IX Center is the same location as the Cleveland venue of the International Motorcycle Show that the POG had displayed in for a number of years, Tom says the Piston Power Show fills the place wall to wall on each floor...should be something to see.

http://www.pistonpowershow.com/

How about that Home Page Photo..:D  That photo was taken by POG photographer and all around good guy Bill Smith at the POG 40th. Anniversary shindig a few years back. The machines were getting lined up at KTM for the police led Parade of Pentons to John Penton's home...if you were there you sure would have vivid memories of that momentus event. Lots more photos can be seen by clicking the link below.
http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?aid=47

Paul  

Coto

Last year my buddy and I put four bikes in the show two trials bikes which where mine and he brought a 750 Honda and 450 BMW dirt bike
We took 1st and 2nd with all of them it was a great time
Glad to here you guys will be there going up on Saturday and look forward to seeing your display

Coto

It is a wonderful show last year my buddy and I put four bikes in the show two trials bikes which where mine and his 750 Honda and 450 BMW dirt bike we each took 1st and 2nd with all of them
Glad to here you guys will be there going on Saturday look forward to seeing your display

Mike Cotopolis

Coto

Sorry didn't realize posted twice
Rough Monday

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Just saw the photos on the POG Facebook page of the POG display that Tom and the gang set up at the Piston Power Show, looks fantastic...:D Great job folks. Can't wait for a few more hours to pass till it's time to head out and join in the fun.

POG President John Penton is supposed to be on hand today along with Jack, should be another great day in Pentonville ! Hats off to all of you folks who have supplied machines and worked for the last several months in getting all of the details ironed out, as well as setting up the display.

Ready to blast out of Mars at first light ! Hope to see some of you folks there. If you do come please take time to introduce yourselves and hang out for awhile, there is plenty of fun to go around and from the sounds of things we may need plenty of help to answer questions and help represent the brand we all love so much.

Paul