KTM Motohall

Started by Paul Danik, April 26, 2019, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Leo Keller

Paul, then I will meet John at Mattighofen!

The museum will be absolutly great!

Here is one more story in front of the opening - the time before John Penton set the corner stone for a new era in KTM's history:
https://blog.ktm.com/inthisyear1959-crisis-and-shifting-focus/

Have a look to the picture at the bottom of the story: the design of the building looks like a wheel with spokes and knobby tires.
And did you notice your old 1969 Six Day? (you will find a part of the rear fender on the picture of the blue scooter :) )

Leo

Paul Danik

Leo,

The grand opening of the Motohall will surely be a day that all involved will never forget. John was quite excited to tell of getting the invite to attend. I am sure you and many others will be relieved when it is opened and your years of work will be open for all to see.

Thanks for pointing out the rear of the Six-Day. If it wasn't for Bob Rush seeing it on display at the Cleveland, Ohio show a few years back and knowing you were looking for one, it never would have made its way to the Motohall. I don't know what the rules are for taking pictures in the Motohall, but I would surely like to see a few pictures of it if possible.

Will a book or booklet on the Motohall be available ?  

If you want to score points with John present him with a black coffee when you see him....:D

Paul

Leo Keller

Paul,
I want to take some pictures for the POG for sure. Don't know if there is a booklet, my information is more than two years old. If so I will ask Jack Penton to bring one for you.

And yes, I will meet John Penton, we are staying in the same hotel, the "Gasthof Weiß" at Munderfing. Good to know that John likes black coffee.  Kalman Cseh will be there too.

Leo

Paul Danik

If you are into facebook Jack has some photos posted from the Motohall.

https://www.facebook.com/jack.penton

Paul

Leo Keller

Jack Penton said that it was a world class ceremony!
Indeed, it was an absolutly great event!

Media information: "...Distinguished guests also made the trip from the USA to the Innviertel, among them Roger DeCoster, who was responsible for KTM's unprecedented success story in the US Supercross, and who spent a busy evening in Mattighofen. The visit of John Penton to the Friends Opening of the Motohall was also a memorable and very emotional experience. The now 92-year-old American delivered essential impulses to the world of offroad motorcycle competition, and he made KTM famous in the world's most important offroad market...."

Richard Colahan

There are some great photos posted on the Vinduro F/B page.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Admin

skiracer

WOW!  Amazing story, and photo! Paul, what is the history on the bike?

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tooclose racing

Great stuff - thank you.  Sooo would have wanted to be a member of John Penton's "entourage" in this setting, just to witness the worship and admirers.  Sure - Roger Decoster might have drawn a bigger crowd, but Mr. Penton's contribution (Penton USA's contribution...) to KTM becoming what it is today is absolutely a foundational block for this company.

One more stop on the bucket list - KTM Motohall!

454MRW

Mr. John Penton is the most approachable humble individual that has received world wide acclaim and well-known Fame. He also worked hard to earn it. I am also in awe of Rodger DeCosters accomplishments, as I am an RM Suzuki fan as well. As I understand it he is very approachable as well, but have not had the pleasure to meet him, although I did deliver a bike, which he later signed the tank on, which was restored by my good friend, Phil Brotman from Maryland, and owned since restoration by another friend Terry Ellis from Missouri. There is a painting depicted on Facebook with Rodger surrounded by Suzuki RM's in competition action poses I wish to own a copy at some point, and it would be really nice to have him sign it. Mike
https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTE0NDk2NDgwMDM6MTAyMTcxMTIwOTAxNDE2MDY%3D#!/photo.php?fbid=10217111753933201&id=1449648003&set=a.3825673007554&source=57&refid=52&__tn__=EH-Richael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Penton
1976 MC5 400
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Leo Keller

KTM Motohall media information

Leo Keller

some more photos:

the buildung looks like a wheel with spokes and rim

Toni Stöcklmeier, John Penton, Arnaldo Farioli, ?, Jack Penton

Mr. Hubert Trunkenpolz, grand nephew of the founder,and JP

the Motohall workshop (and the buffet for the grand opening)

Hall of Fame, in front Guennady Moiseev, left Heinz Kinigadner and many more MX world champions and Dakar winners

John and Jack Penton - the floor is a ramp

the Motohall building

John Penton and Kalman Cseh next morning

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Thank you Leo for the pictures and for providing the names.

And now I must tell how I got Leo "penalty points" instead of "bonus points" with John Penton..:D  I told Leo that John likes black coffee and if he has one for him he will make points with John. Problem was that in Austria black coffee is what we know as expresso. If you look at the last photo above with John and Kalmen together and notice the little expresso cup in front of John.....  I guess he had two and was wired for a day or so.

Sorry Leo...:(

Paul

Mike OReilly

The 1969 Six-Days has an Ontario, Canada licence plate.
Does anyone know the back-story on that?