Kip Kern

Started by Kip Kern, September 04, 2019, 10:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Who all is coming to the Barber event in October?  I have been to the museum but never the event, excited to see it and all the POG members.

454MRW

I am wanting to go. I went last year for the first time and delivered a Husky, and in doing so was able to bring my trailer on grounds to the camping area, but entry with the trailer otherwise is restricted to Ahrma members racing.

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Penton
1976 MC5 400
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Larry Perkins

Planning on coming.  I have never seen the museum.

Larry P

JamesHorwatt

Kip, My wife and I are attending the whole weekend. Should be hanging around the Penton tents in the new swap meet area. Hope to meet ya.

Thanks Jim
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.

Dale Fisher

Al, Dale, Samantha, Cody, Jack, Jeff, and... the Grand Marshall - JP

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

tooclose racing

So...this thread's title is Kip Kern, but it's about 2019 Barber.  Ya might want to edit that, Kip.

I'm making a plan to attend, got hotel room reserved, we'll just bring a boatload of cash along and start handing it out when I arrive at the gate.

I'll going to bring my Penton racers along and do both Friday XC races, but I think I'll spectate after that, being a huge roadracing (and museum!) fan.  Might bring my Euro/Canadian white '75 YZ125B hot rod along for visual appeal BUT this is really about PENTONS...and John of course.

Question:  is there going to be a pseudo Penton Village "space" or frontage allotted that maybe some of us Racer Boys can throw up our 10 x 10 pop-up and park the truck/trailer behind it?

skiracer

Bob, the XC races are Sat. and Sun. not on Friday per the AHRMA site schedule.....

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

So...this thread's title is Kip Kern, but it's about 2019 Barber.  Ya might want to edit that, Kip.

I'm making a plan to attend, got hotel room reserved, we'll just bring a boatload of cash along and start handing it out when I arrive at the gate.

I'll going to bring my Penton racers along and do both Friday XC races, but I think I'll spectate after that, being a huge roadracing (and museum!) fan.  Might bring my Euro/Canadian white '75 YZ125B hot rod along for visual appeal BUT this is really about PENTONS...and John of course.

Question:  is there going to be a pseudo Penton Village "space" or frontage allotted that maybe some of us Racer Boys can throw up our 10 x 10 pop-up and park the truck/trailer behind it?

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tooclose racing

James - thank you for the calibration my friend.  I clearly had my AHRMA XC/MX weekend hat on and presumed Barber would be the same. Oh well.  I have gone to this page to figure out what is when:  

https://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2018/Forms/18_Barber_event_schedule.pdf

So..looking for some more Barber off-road racing experience/feedback here. Do I need a "parking pass"?  Where do they put us?  

My original plan was to show up Thursday, I might stick with that and make Friday my official museum day since I am not even seeing ability to register for XC on Friday. Saturday will be the Full Monty in terms of register, race, and race...I do like the schedule though.  Sunday will be my official roadracing fix day.  

Still think it would be fun to put all us Penton racers in one area, but that might be asking a bit much.

skiracer

Ahhh you got to love it.....  According to the AHRMA schedule on their website, there are two days of XC and no MX this year.  The page you have posted, show something different.....  Go figure......  YES you need a "parking Pass" for lot "C."  Last day to have your application in is TODAY.  Better get on it.

James - thank you for the calibration my friend.  I clearly had my AHRMA XC/MX weekend hat on and presumed Barber would be the same. Oh well.  I have gone to this page to figure out what is when:  

So..looking for some more Barber off-road racing experience/feedback here. Do I need a "parking pass"?  Where do they put us?  

My original plan was to show up Thursday, I might stick with that and make Friday my official museum day since I am not even seeing ability to register for XC on Friday. Saturday will be the Full Monty in terms of register, race, and race...I do like the schedule though.  Sunday will be my official roadracing fix day.  

Still think it would be fun to put all us Penton racers in one area, but that might be asking a bit much.

1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

skiracer

Bob, The page you have posted about the event is the 2018 flyer, NOT the 2019.......

Quotequote:Originally posted by skiracer

Ahhh you got to love it.....  According to the AHRMA schedule on their website, there are two days of XC and no MX this year.  The page you have posted, show something different.....  Go figure......  YES you need a "parking Pass" for lot "C."  Last day to have your application in is TODAY.  Better get on it.

1976 Penton 175 XC

1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Dale Fisher

I believe this is the current schedule.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/event-schedule/

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

tdthigpen

I'm going to be there, not racing this year. Looking for Jackpiner parts in the swap meet. Dale we need to meet up somewhere.

Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

skiracer

So, sign in Thursday afternoon is at the hotel or lot C?

1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Patton

Dale, thank you for posting the schedule.
I look forward to meeting many of you at the Moonlight dinner.

Not sure how seating works, you guys may be at the head table. If not,save me a chair.

Regards, Robert Patton

tooclose racing

Okay James - need your racing report, pal.  Pretty sure you've done this event before, but tell us the story anyway - track, rider sign-ups, what you raced, how you did.

(PS - raced King Ferry XC, ran about 5th out of 25 intermediates in PV with my MC5 until my brake rod fell off on last lap! Turns out I really need my rear brake in the woods!)