Penton Barber poster wanted

Started by 454MRW, October 06, 2019, 08:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

454MRW

I stopped by the museum in the hopes to get one of The Penton Barber posters on Saturday, but they were sold out. They said they might have more the next day but I could not stay for Sunday. Does anyone have the ability to get one for myself and Michael Thompson? I would reimburse you for your trouble.

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Penton
1976 MC5 400
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Daniel P. McEntee

I would be interested in one also. It is a neat looking piece of art.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

LeeBuff

I would also be interested in one of the Barber Penton posters.
Lee Buffenmyer

thrownchain

Any progress on getting posters?

Bob Seymour

Give me your thoughts on this approach. I took the image on the homepage, expanded it and saved it as a jpeg file. I then was able to print it out on a full 8 1/2 X11 sheet on my ink jet printer. Came out beautiful!  I believe this print out  or the actual file could be taken to a sign/graphics guy ( I use the local "Fast Signs " for motorcycle tank graphics) and it could be printed out on 2x3 poster paper. Price? I have no idea at this time, but might be a worth while solution? Just my thoughts. Thanks, Bob

Paul Danik

Hi Bob,

I would be very, very careful in doing that as Barber might not be real pleased to see their expensive design work used without them getting any payback from it. I would also mention that most reputable companies that make copies of such items will ask about the ownership of the design, be it a poster, decal or even some professionally taken photos. This can be a very sticky issue.....copyright infringement.

That being said, has anyone contacted Barber directly to see if they would make an additional run of these posters, or if not would they allow reprinting of their design without any issues?

Paul

Paul Danik

Greetings,

I just put a call into Barber and will await the return call from their person in charge of the posters and such. If you go to their website they have posters from previous years available to buy, hopefully they will do the same with the John Penton posters.

I will post what I learn.

Paul

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Had a nice discussion with the gentleman from Barber whom had promptly returned my call. I explained the pent up demand for the John Penton poster and we discussed possible options for filling that demand. He was going to have a discussion with his superiors and see what they might deem a possible solution, hopefully they will see this as an opportunity, but time will tell.

I will report back to you folks as soon as there is something to report. If I don't hear back in a reasonable time I will initiate a follow up call to the gentleman.

Paul

JamesHorwatt

Good Morning Everyone,I attended the Barber weekend also and I passed on purchasing a Barber/John Penton Tee shirt on Friday thinking I'll get one on Saturday. Well, we all know how that turned out !!!!. SOLD OUT...
So I made contact with a few people that were in charge of merchandising and asked if the Penton Owners Group could possible have more printed up and offered for sale to our members. The gentleman was very open to the idea and we discussed quantity's and pricing brake pointed. I'm pretty sure this topic we be brought up at the next Owners meeting. So i'm just testing the waters to see what interest there is in the shirts. And by the way the Tee shirts had the same graphics as the posters.

Thanks Jim
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.

Steve Minor

I'm in....want a poster too.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

Daniel P. McEntee

I'm in for a poster, T-shirt or both!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

r3racer

Would be in for 2 posters 2 tee shirts 2xl. Thanks in advance.Been checking Barber sight daily probably like everyone else.

rob brown

I would be in for a poster or two.