'72 JP shocks

Started by R.T.Fischer, May 07, 2020, 09:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.T.Fischer

In need of a pair of shocks for a '72 Jackpiner. Don't have to be original, and can't afford any high end ones. Won't be used for racing, just light riding, and display. Any out there with no shaft pitting, and don't need to be rebuilt but would fit and look proper on that bike ? Ones that came with bike aren't worth messing with. Send photos to [email protected]. Also interested in finding a '74 Jackpiner for AHRMA competition. Thanks in advance for any help!

Rocket

I have a 74 Jackpiner that is a project bike. I'll send you a photo.
RCG

Cal Alexander

Al Buehner has some decent reproduction Girlings (EMGO) shocks that will work for your 72 Piner. They are inexpensive and work great for a show bike and /or easy riding.
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

Dennis DeGonia

I have a set of Koni shocks that I got with a parts bike. The DPO painted them with gray primer including the shafts. They would have to be cleaned prior to using them and I haven't taken them apart to check compression and rebound. Can send some pics if you are interested.D

R.T.Fischer

Yes, like to have a look at them. Send photos to e-mail above. What is the eye to eye distance ?

Dennis DeGonia

RT, just saw this will get info in the morning. Posting pics here is a RPA. Give me your email and I will send them to you. D

Just saw the email info.

R.T.Fischer

Dennis, still in need of some shocks for the '72 Jackpiner, if possible send me some photos, like to see what they look like. e-mail to [email protected] , thanks T.

Dennis DeGonia

Gary Ellis ended up with the roller those shocks were on. Contact him and he will probably take care of you on it. I had to leave them on there so I could roll the bike around. D

Kip Kern

Check ebay under Girling, all kinds on there that will work 13"

R.T.Fischer

Anyone know if a 13 1/2" shock eye to eye distance will work on a '72 Jackpiner ?

Carl Hill

They will work. Makes it steer "quicker". Some like that and some don't. You have to watch chain tension close, if it gets loose it will cut into swing arm pivot.