New KTM book

Started by Leo Keller, May 30, 2020, 07:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Keller

18 years after Fritz Ehn published his book "KTM - Weltmeistermarke aus Österreich", Motorbuch Verlag Germany published a new book "KTM - Motorräder seit 1953". The book is written in German language, has 256 pages and nearly 500 pictures. Included is a John Penton chapter and another chapter "The Swedish brands" (Husqvarna and Husaberg). The book is availlable for 34,90 EUR in Germany.

And now the bad information: due to the Corona restrictions it is nearly impossible to send the book into the USA. What was about 14 EUR last year for non comercial shipping of one book is now about 55 EUR! That means 5 kg, so three books were possible in one parcel. Customs not included.
And: there is no English language version planned.

https://www.motorbuch-versand.de/product_info.php/info/p11671_KTM.html

Leo Keller

Jason Rowland

Nice layout, Leo.  Thanks for the preview.  Wish I'd have payed a bit more attention in my high school German class.

Kevin Grimes

Leo used a picture of my 68 125, on page 46.
V132 was a great all original find thanks to Paul Danik.
Kevin

Don Roth

Don't know much, but danke!

Leo Keller

the other Six Day on page 46 (bottom right) is Paul Danik's ex bike that belongs to the KTM Motohall now.
On page 30 you will find a rare picture of a Hansa Trail bike. Another picture with Jack Penton on a HTB and other Hansa bikes you will find in Tom Pentons thread "The Beginnings".