Pipe for 400 KTM

Started by Normandy10, June 12, 2020, 09:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandy10

Looking for a "donor pipe" to cannibalize for some bits to build a down-pipe for my 76 Cross Country 400 that I am doing a bit of a street tracker kind of mod on. Doing it pretty much all bolt-on and trying to retain all of the stock parts so it can go back stock at a later date. Figure if I can find a donor pipe I won't need to fab the manifold interface and can use sections of the header pipe cut up and reconfigured to go down instead of up and around the cylinder. The body and tail of the pipe can be beat, as none of that would be needed, and I think I want to go with a stinger type silencer instead of the big internal stock type. Anybody out there have any candidates?

Mike
Mike

KJDonovan

Mike,

I think I have the perfect pipe for what you are trying to accomplish.  It's an after-market pipe stamped MAGNUM that came on a 75 400 I had a while back.  Pipe never really fit the frame right, so I pulled it and it landed on the shelf.  If you are interested, just ping me.  I am about 40 minutes east of you on the RI / CT line if you want to check it out.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Normandy10

Definitely interested, I can come see it anytime convenient for you. Let me know when. Sent you an e-mail.

Mike
Mike

KJDonovan

Mike,

Did not get your email, but that is probably cause my email address just changed.  Anyway, I will be around all weekend.  Shoot me an email [email protected] or give me a call anytime 401.397.3280.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint