WTB Hipoint HP20 Trailer

Started by xcdropout, June 19, 2020, 10:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcdropout

Hello all. I recently looked into purchasing a HP18, but found out the roof height was just a fuzz too low for me to stand up straight in. It appears I would be better suited to find an HP20 or HP16. I know these are hard to find, but this seems like the place to start looking. My father had multiple Hipoint trailers we would haul to the races when I was a kid, and now I'm just looking to relive my childhood. I'm located in northeast ohio, but willing to travel for the right setup. Anyone knows of one for sale, or any leads?

And BTW, if anyone is looking for an HP18, there is one on facebook marketplace between Detroit and Ann Arbor.  

Thanks,

chicagojerry

dave boydstun has one of the nicest that you will find, he's in mesa AZ but don't rule that out as there may be a way to get it back here to ohio. i can't remember the designation but i do know that it's the largest size made and also it was one of the last years that they made them before selling that business.  his phone is 602 540 0055.
chicago jerry

xcdropout

I had told myself I would go as far as I needed to for the right HP trailer. AZ would be as far as I could I guess. I beleive the largest was the HP24, and that would be bigger than I need. But I'm gonna look into it. Thank you very much for the lead.

xcdropout

Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me leads and ideas. Nothing has been the perfect fit yet. I have seen some nice restored HP's but I'm hoping for more of a project minus fiberglass work. The hunt continues!

Jason Smith

There's a HP-20 or possibly 18 on FB marketplace in Michigan for $3k. Looks like it needs a total restoration. The add says HP14 but it's definitely not a 14.

WrecksGary

Adam, check your email. I have a HP16 Project if your interested.

Rex Gary
Rex Gary

xcdropout

Thanks for the heads up on the one in Michigan. I believe that is an HP18, and for whatever reason Hipoint made those the low roof heights and made the HP16/20/24 with the tall roofs.

Thanks again Rex for reaching out, and good luck on the restoration.