MIKE WINTER

Started by Larry Perkins, July 19, 2020, 04:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

It is with great sadness that I must report that Mike Winter passed away in a car wreck this morning. As many know Mike hauled bikes and was returning from a haul, fell asleep, and crashed. Mike loved Pentons and helped many here. He will be missed! Prayers please for Madison and his family. RIP Brother!

Larry P

Mike Rosso

Sad, sad so very sad news about Mike. Godspeed Mike, prayers and thoughts for him and to his family and friends.

Mike

chicagojerry

wow. so sad.   rip mr winter..

Kip Kern

RIP, brother and good friend.  One of the nicest guys around that would give you the shirt of off his back if you needed one.  Hauled many a bike for me and nothing but first class service from a first class friend. Will be truly missed.

firstturn

Very Sad.  Mike and I had been Friends for many years and was always honored to visit with him Great loss.  Prayers forhis Family..

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

skiracer

Rest In Peace my friend. He will be missed. A really great person.

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Toolsurfer

Mike just picked up a Hare Scrambler for me in May and moved it to Alabama for me . The first time I meet him and we hit off over these machines. Very sorry to here this . Seems to never end! 2020 ????

DKWRACER

Horrible news...

Thomas Brosius
Thomas Brosius

LeeBuff

Got to know Mike this past winter at the York meet. He willingly  brought in bikes for the Penton display. He was always helpful to many of us on this forum. He will be deeply missed. RIP

Lee

Daniel P. McEntee

I had the pleasure of going on a few adventures with Mike, and he was a great help to me as I got into Penton acquisitions and looking for parts and such. This is a real shock. It might be a shorter list of people that didn't know Mike. Don't what else to say.
   Rest in peace my friend,
    Dan McEntee

Mick Milakovic

Fellow Road Warrior, I'm on the road right now, will dedicate the rest of my trip to Safe Travel and Mike Winter. You are missed already,

Mick
Mick

Paul Danik

Very sad news about a wonderful gentleman. RIP

Paul

KJDonovan

Knew Mike for years via this site and finally had an opportunity to meet him in person this past January.  Wonderful guy who will be truly missed.  My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

rob w

Exactly 1 year ago, I was racing at Wauseon (alone), and Mike went out of his way to come watch me, and sat with me in the pits, the entire day. It was a uncomfortably very hot day. I remember thinking to myself that I was grateful for his friendship. That it was so much more enjoyable to be with a friend. That all "this" is not about ourselves, but really about the people we meet, and friends we make. My condolences to all of Mike's friends and family.
Bob Wardlow

ALB

I see Mike and his family surrounded in Love and Light.

He was a wonderful friend, customer, and fellow POG member.
I will always remember him for his kindness and willingness to help others that I witnessed at all of the events we were at.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner