Jackpiner

Started by Jeff Odland, July 22, 2020, 07:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Odland

I am after a '97-'99 Jackpiner 200 LE, one in terrific shape, such that some would have considered it a crime to it not have been ridden more.

Daniel P. McEntee

Remember, they were only made in '97, the 20th anniversary of the changer over from Penton to KTM, and they only made 133 of them for world wide distribution. I actually found one on Craig's List that fit your description, and I rescued it. It was the "victim"  of two divorces. I replaced what was parts it was missing, but did not get the manuals and other goodies that were supposed to have come with the bike. I reluctantly sold it locally to help p ay for my daughters wedding, but I know where it is!
    There were also five 125 Six Days done at the same time.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

holeshothawk3

I have #53 of the 133. Mine came with the hard to find extra stuff that came with them. Bought it from the original owner with a NOS set of plastic and two NOS sets of graphics plus the 30th anniversary coffee mug, beer mug, hat, polo shirt, tee shirt, duffel bag, a super rare 30th anniversary sticker pack, and brief case. There is one offered right now on Facebook in the "KTM 200 Club" group that looks to be in great condition. I would check that one out.

Jeff Odland

TY, I had some bad info on the years made. I would be interested in making that contact.

Remember, they were only made in '97, the 20th anniversary of the changer over from Penton to KTM, and they only made 133 of them for world wide distribution. I actually found one on Craig's List that fit your description, and I rescued it. It was the "victim"  of two divorces. I replaced what was parts it was missing, but did not get the manuals and other goodies that were supposed to have come with the bike. I reluctantly sold it locally to help p ay for my daughters wedding, but I know where it is!
    There were also five 125 Six Days done at the same time.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
[/quote]

Daniel P. McEntee

I'm going by foggy memory, but the Jack Piner Special Edition, as it was called I think, was actually a 97 1/2, and introduced the 200 to the KTM line which were introduced in 1998. They had a different frame, different forks and a special Ohlins monoshock that could not be had anywhere else. I have heard of fakes, where guys some how got the special blue plastic and decals and applied them to standard KTM 200s, but you can't fake the shock and the 50mm forks. So if you are looking for one, make sure it's the real deal by either the title or the special certificate and goodies that came with it.
   Good Luck,
  Dan McEntee

Bob Gilman

I have both the 125LE and the 200LE,if you have the statement of origin it is listed on it, also the serial number is registered with KTM.

motograndpa

The KTM 200 LE 'Jackpiner' was sold as a 30th year anniversary John Penton commemoration bike, and only available as a 1997.5 with a limited production of 133 bikes (not including press bikes or a few others that were used as promotional bikes by KTM). They were the precursors to the first production KTM 200s, only they had an Ohlins PDS shock and 50mm Marzocchi forks, clear tank, special blue plastics, and John Penton signature graphics. There are some imposters around but the real thing can be determined both those things previously listed. They can also be determined legitimate by the frame and serial number. If you find one in good condition they are rare and will likely be worth something to the right collector.

Did you ever find one?