Wanted - Berkshire

Started by johnbowman, October 19, 2020, 10:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbowman

Good morning everyone,

Anyone have a Berkshire for sale? Does not have to be pretty. Complete or mostly complete project bike okay. Period correct modifications okay. Looking to race it in the 100cc cross country class with AHRMA.

John

JamesHorwatt

Good evening John, We met at Pine lakes this past summer.I picked up a 71 berkshire this spring from South Caroline for $300.00. It had a bad crank, so I purchased a rebuild one from Al B. I was told it was raced in the Famed Blackwater 100 by the gentlemen I purchased it from. I have no proof...But I'm running with that story. Not interested in selling, just passing the story along. Good Luck in your hunting.

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.

johnbowman

Quotequote:Originally posted by johnbowman

Good morning everyone,

Anyone have a Berkshire for sale? Does not have to be pretty. Complete or mostly complete project bike okay. Period correct modifications okay. Looking to race it in the 100cc cross country class with AHRMA.

John

Hey, Jim. That was a great race at Pine Lakes. There's no way that I could have planned it any better myself.

I want to run in the 100cc class. Thanks for the story. That gives me a little hope. I was really hoping to find a Berkshire. I think that it would be a great bike. If I can't find one, I will probably end up with a Hodaka or Honda. Seems like they are easier to find.

I just can't get that 100cc class out of my head.

John

Paul Danik

Hi John,

I am assuming that you are looking for a CMF machine and not a Steel Tanker ?

I hope that you find one and that you don't end up "On The Dark Side" :)  

Happy hunting.
Paul

Larry Perkins

John,

I have the stuff to do it with as a project except pipe.

Larry P

johnbowman

Hi Paul,

Hope that you're doing well. Yes, I'm looking for a CMF.

I have enough parts to get a roller frame started. If I could find a Berkie tank and airbox, I could put one together. I would also need some help with the engine. Now, if somebody had a sweet Bernie engine ready to go, that sure wouldn't hurt my feelings!

The great thing about the Pentons is the parts interchangeability. It might not be a numbers matching factory machine, but it would be true to what rolled out of the factory.

I would really like to ride a Penton in the 100 class next year. Hopefully with a little help, I'll stay away from the dark side!

John

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

Hi John,

I am assuming that you are looking for a CMF machine and not a Steel Tanker ?

I hope that you find one and that you don't end up "On The Dark Side" :)  

Happy hunting.
Paul

johnbowman

Larry,

Now, we're getting somewhere! I'll give you a call.

Thanks,

John

Quotequote:Originally posted by Larry Perkins

John,

I have the stuff to do it with as a project except pipe.

Larry P

johnbowman

Thanks to Larry, I have a good shot at getting a Berkshire together.

Right now, it looks like I need a tank

Anyone have one that doesn't leak? It's okay if you have already pre-scratched it for me.

Steve Genter

I have a MX tank I got from Victor Monz years ago that is in red epoxy primer right now if that would work? I could put a nice Birkshire paint job on it if you would like?  

Anyone have one that doesn't leak? It's okay if you have already pre-scratched it for me.

Steve Genter
Steve Genter

johnbowman

Steve,

Good morning. I sent you an email.

Thanks,

John

Quotequote:Originally posted by Steve G

I have a MX tank I got from Victor Monz years ago that is in red epoxy primer right now if that would work? I could put a nice Birkshire paint job on it if you would like?  

Steve Genter

JohnD

Good morning everyone,

John

johnbowman

I ended up buying Larry's Berkshire that he raced last year. He really helped me out. I already have a group of Penton fans and past riders from Memphis helping me prep the bike for next year. Looks like it's on for the 100cc class!

I took the Six Day for a spin on part of the course here at Henryetta after the race today. Man, those CMF small bore bikes handle awesomely! Can't wait to run wide open all next year.

PentonGirl21

Hope to see you on the track John! Love my 100 as well. It has given me some of the best experiences in this crazy life. I wish you the best of luck in prepping her. Glad to see you got one :)

"Penton Ways, Every Day." -21v
\\"Penton Ways, Every Day.\\" -21v