1968 Penton Steel tanker

Started by G Ellis, December 07, 2020, 06:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Ellis

Would like to borrow a center stand, and front skinny fender brace. Want to get some made up.

johnbowman

Gary,

I hope that you're doing well. I have a 1968 Six Day Steel Tanker. It is at my son's house in east Tennessee (6 hours away). I'm trying to go over there over New Years weekend. If nobody can help you out before then, I'll loan you the center stand and brace. I'll have to look at the bike to make sure that it has the brace that you are looking for.

Keep me posted if you still need it at the end of the month.

John

SouthRider

Gary - Have you gotten the bracket and/or center stand?

I have several center stands, but not sure which versions they are (and a horribly mutilated 68 that came on the bike I'm restoring). Let me know if you want me to send pics to see if I have what you need.

I also need a 68 skinny front fender bracket.

Clark

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

SouthRider

Hey Gary -

Did you find the fender bracket or center stand that you need to make copies?

I have a horribly mutilated center stand that came on V074, as well as a few other stands in a box I was given (but I'm not sure what is there) and will need to pull them out.

Let me know if I should send some pics to suss things out.

I'm also looking for a skinny front fender bracket.

Clark

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

johnbowman

I didn't have the skinny front fender bracket. I also need one. If we can find one to copy, we should try to get some made up.

Gary, would you be able to get multiple brackets made if we find a loaner to get the pattern?

G Ellis

SouthRider

Gary - texting some pics of what I found.

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Paul Danik

Gary, I have a narrow fender mount you can use. Let me know where to send it.

[email protected]

Paul

G Ellis