Chagrin Falls ????

Started by JamesHorwatt, January 12, 2021, 04:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHorwatt

Ok,so Al B. was kind enough to pass on to me some older copies of " Still....Keeping Track" that I usually read with a few cookies and a glass of milk before i head upstairs and to bed. As I'm reading "The Way it was" section 1977-30 years ago I see Chagrin Falls, Ohio mentioned and Ted Leimbach winning overall there !!!!!. Now I've been living in Chagrin Falls for sometime now and never once have I heard of a racetrack in this area...There is some other mentions of Chagrin Falls with other individuates winning races. What gives??? Maybe Ohio International, but that's another 30+ minutes from Chagrin Falls.

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100

Tom Penton

I can't help you with your question, Jim. I never remember racing in Chagrin Falls. But this gives me an opportunity to reminisce some history. My mother Katherine's sister (my Aunt Louise) lived in Bainbridge and I remember going there quite often when I was a child in the 1950's. They would pack us (me and three cousins) into the car to go into Chagrin Falls to shop.

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

johnborn

I will look through my dad's scrapbook, and see if there are any results from anywhere around chagrin falls.

Rain Man

Hhmm is this an optical illusion, but I haven't seen hands that dirty since I worked on tractor/ trailers back in 1975?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

johnborn

The closest results I could find to Chagrin falls in Dad's scrapbook is in Auburn Center .

Timothy Walls

I have never had hands that dirty and still had a clean white shirt !

Timothy Walls
Timothy Walls

JamesHorwatt

Good Morning John, I'm about 3 miles north of what is called "Auburn Center" near Rt. 422 and Rt. 44. Wonder if this is same location???. I can see how they could have raced somewhere near here. Its half built up
now. Thanks. Anyone with an approximate location please chime in.

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100

dennis brown

mespo moto was running then just north of messapotomia