George Singler passes

Started by Try327, March 12, 2021, 07:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Try327

I received a phone call that George passed away this morning. I do not have any information as of yet. Keep him in your prayers.

paul a. busick

George was one of the pioneers in the early scrambles days and one of the first to lead the way in the beginning days of motocross.  George will be remembered as the rider going fast in his unorthodox riding gear with an ear to ear smile on his face. We will miss you George. Amherst Paul

Mike Rosso

https://youtu.be/O84BEtyemIA

Found this on Racer X that Gary Semics did a few years back on George. Short but very nice......a racer to the end and loved it :) Godspeed George

Mike

Daniel P. McEntee

He says it all, doesn't he!!???
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Mike Rosso

George must have been Gary Semics mentor and great friend....reason I feel this is with something that happened in a way with me and Gary at Unadilla MX way back in the very early '70's. I was MX racing a 250 MX Husky and had raced several times with Gary. I knew a lot of the factory Husqvarna people and just came out of the pits with camera in hand as I was a spectator that day. I see Gary on a Husky near the start area like he's waiting to go out for practice, I take a photo of him from the front and shout "hey Gary!" and his head starts to turn towards me or my voice and then just stops and continues to look straight ahead. I'm confused because I know he heard me, so I continue to walk by and behind him. I don't know for a second to be embarrassed or what as I saw the name on the back of his jersey and it read SINGLER [:I] Then it hit me Gary was only 16 (or 17) which at the time was too young to be an AMA pro motocross racer:) George (Gary) had his usual good ride that day too :D. I think Barry Higgins can back up that story of the jersey name too. :)

Again Godspeed George, he knew talent too.

Mike

Try327

First of all thank you Mike for the very kind words. I spoke with Larry who now owns Smith Rd. Raceway and there is a plan to have a George Singler  memorial race on the 4th of July. I will let everyone know when it's finalized. Thanks Greg

Mike Rosso

https://youtu.be/O84BEtyemIA

Found this on Racer X that Gary Semics did a few years back on George. Short but very nice......a racer to the end and loved it :) Godspeed George

Mike

Daniel P. McEntee

He says it all, doesn't he!!???
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Mike Rosso

George must have been Gary Semics mentor and great friend....reason I feel this is with something that happened in a way with me and Gary at Unadilla MX way back in the very early '70's. I was MX racing a 250 MX Husky and had raced several times with Gary. I knew a lot of the factory Husqvarna people and just came out of the pits with camera in hand as I was a spectator that day. I see Gary on a Husky near the start area like he's waiting to go out for practice, I take a photo of him from the front and shout "hey Gary!" and his head starts to turn towards me or my voice and then just stops and continues to look straight ahead. I'm confused because I know he heard me, so I continue to walk by and behind him. I don't know for a second to be embarrassed or what as I saw the name on the back of his jersey and it read SINGLER [:I] Then it hit me Gary was only 16 (or 17) which at the time was too young to be an AMA pro motocross racer:) George (Gary) had his usual good ride that day too :D. I think Barry Higgins can back up that story of the jersey name too. :)

Again Godspeed George, he knew talent too.

Mike

Try327

First of all thank you Mike for the very kind words. I spoke with Larry who now owns Smith Rd. Raceway and there is a plan to have a George Singler  memorial race on the 4th of July. I will let everyone know when it's finalized. Thanks Greg