Missing Mike Winters..Great guy who loved to help

Started by Paul Danik, March 22, 2021, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

When Mike Winters passed away he sure left a large void when it comes to helping folks with their Penton / KTM Sportcycle projects. Fortunately others do step in, but Mike was "Johnny On The Spot"  when he could help in any way.

Mike sure was / is a role model when it comes to helping others in any way possible. I can still hear his voice and see his big smile and picture him in his glory at places like the York Swapmeet and his encampment at VMD. I am sure lots of folks here were helped with their Penton / KTM projects by Mike.

If you use the SEARCH feature above and type in Mike Winters 5 pages of items come up......:)  Lots of knowledge and help from a Great guy who is surely missed but not forgotten.

Paul

firstturn

Agree Mike is missed.  Very nice guy.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Toolsurfer

Nice guy, picked up my machine and delivered to Birmingham Al right before his accident. First meeting and never dreamed it would be our last. rest in peace Mike W.

Daniel P. McEntee

I got to know Mike through POG, and he lived about 3 hours or so east of me. We did all sorts of swapping and trading and helping each other out. I rode with him a time or two to swap meets and such. The term "nice guy" isn't descriptive enough to describe him in my opinion. Also very knowledgeable on Pentons, other brands of bikes, and all sorts of things. I used to wonder how he could do those long weekend trips he made transporting bikes, amplifiers for musicians, and all sorts of stuff and still get home to go to work on Sunday nights and worried that something might happen and it did. He is most certainly missed.
  Type at you later,
   Danb McEntee

firstturn

Agree Mike is missed.  Very nice guy.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Toolsurfer

Nice guy, picked up my machine and delivered to Birmingham Al right before his accident. First meeting and never dreamed it would be our last. rest in peace Mike W.

Daniel P. McEntee

I got to know Mike through POG, and he lived about 3 hours or so east of me. We did all sorts of swapping and trading and helping each other out. I rode with him a time or two to swap meets and such. The term "nice guy" isn't descriptive enough to describe him in my opinion. Also very knowledgeable on Pentons, other brands of bikes, and all sorts of things. I used to wonder how he could do those long weekend trips he made transporting bikes, amplifiers for musicians, and all sorts of stuff and still get home to go to work on Sunday nights and worried that something might happen and it did. He is most certainly missed.
  Type at you later,
   Danb McEntee

Mike Lenz

I am shocked!  I was out of the Penton loop last year for a while and I never heard about this. He was so helpful if you were needing something. Really nice guy! Dont know what else to say...sad.