Jack Penton Steel Tank Winter Photo

Started by Tom Penton, April 18, 2021, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Penton

I happened across this photo in my collection that I really like. It was black & white originally, I worked it with photoshop. I guessed the year and model; Jack rode a 100 back then, I believe, so I went with red. Can a person tell by the photo what size? Also the year? Thanks.

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

metalkfab

Are those the proto type HiPoint Boots ?

Marlon Sellen

That is literally a cool photo. Jack is close to my age and I never looked like I belonged on my '69 AT-1 like he does on his namesake!

Marlon Sellen
Marlon Sellen

Paul Danik

Hi Tom,

What a great photo ! I can almost feel the cold crispness of the air and hear the bark of that ring -a-ding ding that those early stingers on the pipe created.
   As for your question on determining the size by the photo, I would answer no to that one. The gas tank color and decal are really the only two visuals to go by and you stated that you made the tank red.
   As for the year, the early airbox is gone replaced by the "Husky style" air cleaner. The very early fully enclosed rear shocks are gone. I do find it unusual that there is no "Berkshire" or "Six-Day" decal on the tank. From what I can see of the kicker it looks to be one of the early heavier/ beefier ones that came on some of the early bikes.  
   Given the updated components I am thinking winter of 1969 - 70.  
   Can you tell by the shed in the photo behind Jack where the picture was taken?

Paul