Handlebars....

Started by skiracer, April 25, 2021, 09:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Looking to replace the Hi Point bars I have had on my MC 5 since the bike was a couple of weeks old.  I'm looking for a bar that has at least 8" of straight on them, about 4.5" tall, and no more than 5.5" of sweep.  Any suggestions?

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tooclose racing

Hi James - you may already be familiar with the Renthal Mini High that i use on my Pentons.  Specs are in link below, i did not do math.  I'm too lazy to remove about an inch from each end, which would make some of the tight stuff a little easier to navigate with the NE XC scene. I just scored a pair for my Berkie rebuild - about $70, which actually has a pretty nice set of those TALL OEM bars, if interested.

I hope our paths can cross in the future.

https://www.renthal.com/moto/handlebars/7-8-handlebars/mini-mx-7-8-quot/mini-high

skiracer

Thanks Bob!

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

Hi James - you may already be familiar with the Renthal Mini High that i use on my Pentons.  Specs are in link below, i did not do math.  I'm too lazy to remove about an inch from each end, which would make some of the tight stuff a little easier to navigate with the NE XC scene. I just scored a pair for my Berkie rebuild - about $70, which actually has a pretty nice set of those TALL OEM bars, if interested.

I hope our paths can cross in the future.

https://www.renthal.com/moto/handlebars/7-8-handlebars/mini-mx-7-8-quot/mini-high

1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Mike Lenz

Yea if you got the swept back bar mounts the Mini Highs are the way to go because they have little sweep to offset the bar mount sweep.  If not I use the vintage high bar with bar risers because they have more of the proper sweep for where the bars mount on the 35mm forked bikes. But its all personal preference.