AHRMA National finals-Henryetta

Started by Mickey Sergeant, October 14, 2021, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

ANYONE GOING TO HENRYETTA? DOING THE MX ON SATURDAY AND CC ON SUNDAY. AFTER 2 BAD CRASHES AND A BROKEN COLARBONE, STILL HAVE A SHOT AT A TITLE IN +50 MX

MICKEY

wfopete

If the weather is decent I plan to attend but it will be on a Jack Penton inspired KDX200.  

The Parkers put on one of the finest, if not the best CC races of the series.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Mickey Sergeant

look forward to hopefully meeting you

Mickey

Mickey Sergeant

I SEE YOU PRE ENTERED JOHN BOWMAM
LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU

MICKEY

johnbowman

Mickey,

Great meeting you today. Nice collection of Pentons!

The weather is looking good. I'm going to ride my 1982 Husky CR175 Friday and Saturday in post vintage. I'll ride the 1972 Penton Berkshire on Sunday for vintage. Hopefully, the Berkie and I will both make it okay through the final race of the year.

Pete, good luck on the KDX. Hope to run into you sometime this weekend.

I saw a few Pentons being unloaded this evening. I don't know if they are going to ride MX or XC. I'll try to watch some MX and look for them.

wfopete

Quotequote:Originally posted by johnbowman

Hope to run into you sometime this weekend.

Please try not to run into me, I'll have enough problems as it is. :-)

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

johnbowman

Pete, that's too funny. I would have to catch up with you first. Hope the KDX is ready for tomorrow.

John

Quotequote:Originally posted by wfopete

Quotequote:Originally posted by johnbowman

Hope to run into you sometime this weekend.

Please try not to run into me, I'll have enough problems as it is. :-)

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

johnbowman

Mickey, great job today showing everyone how fast a Penton can go with the right rider. It was a lot of fun watching you fly on your Jackpiner.

wfopete

What a fun XC course! Good course as it had some of everything except hills. Sand, pavement, grass track, tight woods, open woods etc.  The course had a WFO grass track and several pavement section where I had the KDX tapped out in 6th gear screaming the motor for more. Unfortunately Saturday's race started at 8:00 am and the temps were just a couple degrees above freezing. The good news was only half my class showed up.  The bad news was the ones that showed up were the better riders. With temps in the mid 30s, I only made half a lap before my frost bit plagued fingers went numb.  I had to stop three times to warm them enough to get feeling back so I could ride.

Got to see folks I hadn't seen in years and it was good to reconnect!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

skiracer

Thanks for the recap Pete.  Sorry about the cold weather!

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

johnbowman

I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I had a blast.

The course was awesome. It rained a few days before the race. The ground was still damp and tacky. Almost no dust. I agree with Pete: it was pretty cold on the early morning starts. Also, the sun was blinding when you turned east in the woods.

The most amazing thing to me was that my 1972 Penton Berkshire ran and handled as well or better than my 1982 Husky. That frame is unbelievable. I had an absolute blast riding it on Sunday. It ran flawlessly. If that thing had a few more inches of suspension travel, I would never race another bike. It turns in the woods like it is on rails. It was serious fun passing newer, bigger bikes on the little Berkie. It is definitely "The Little Penton That Could."

Once again, thanks so much to all of the people that helped out this year: Al and Dale Buehner, Larry Perkins, Gary Ellis, and all of the riders that took the time to document tips and tricks on the forum (Yes, Mickey, that includes you). If it weren't for the old school knowledge on this forum and wrenching ability of guys like my buddy Clayton Farris, this year would not have been possible.

I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday season. Hope to see you soon.

Richard Colahan

John, congratulations on your XC 100 Intermediate Championship!
Doing 15 or so National races takes alot of time, sweat, commitment...and of course a significant expense!
Well done!!!

ps: A 2nd in PV 200 Int on your 175 Husky ain't too shabby either!!!!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Mickey Sergeant

NICE MEETING YOU JOHN AND PETE.WAS A FUN WEEKEND. LOOKING FORWARD TO WHEN OUR PATHS MEET AGAIN. CONGRATUALAIONS JOHN ON YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP. I FINALLY MADE IT HOME ON WEDSDAY

dennis brown

i agree a great track and great event! now if they can move starting times for cross country the sun is a real problem at least for me

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Mickey Sergeant

THE SUN WAS A PROBLEM FOR ME ALSO. HAD TO BE CAREFULL NOT TO RUN INTO A TREE