Giant Penton Bikes and Parts Estate Sale- July 30th!!!

Started by jwood9auctions, July 05, 2022, 04:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwood9auctions

Hi Everyone,

We are auctioning off the estate of Jim Hollerich on July 30th in Cheshire MA. This is the full Trail Bike Museum contents with over 145 motorcycles, 40" complete engines, and literally a ton of parts and memorabilia!
While Jims collection focused on OSSA, there are many others bikes and parts there. There is a large amount of Pentons, with many signed by the Penton family themselves! Plus extra engines, tanks, posters, dealer signs, banners and more. Jim had a wide range of Pentons, most in show condition.

There will be online bidding and haulbikes.com will offer shipping

Please check out jwoodandcompany.com for pictures and info, this will be updated quite a bit in the next few weeks.

Feel free to call or email with any questions. Jim wanted his collection to go back to the motorcycle community, and P.O.G members especially!

skiracer

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Richard Colahan

I don't see a photo of it on Jerry's web site...
But Jim H. owned/restored the 1963 DOT (250???) that the late Al Eames used to do the path-finding on many Berkshire Trials and mid-60's Enduros. That is a VERY special bike once ridden by one of our sport's true legends.
It deserves to be passed on to someone that knows it's historic value...sure hope it goes to a good home!
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Paul Danik

Richard,

I don't know where the DOT is headed, but rest assured that its history was mentioned and it brought $ 10,000.00 at the hammer, if my memory is correct. On top of the hammer price were more fees so the new owner put his $$$ on the line to acquire that precious gem. A hearty round of applause erupted when the hammer went down on the DOT, possibly by some as a gesture of appreciation of having witnessed a good bidding battle, but on my part and maybe many others it was a gesture of appreciation of the history of the machine and its rider, Mr. Al Eames.

I have to say that today was a very bittersweet day, but Jim's last gathering at the farm will surely not be forgotten any time soon by all in attendance, and there was quite a crowd up on that hill. Judy and I were very fortunate to have met Jim's daughters today and we spent a decent amount of time with them sharing numerous memories of Jim.

As I stood and looked at the DOT, I could visualize Al sitting on it deep in the woods with all the tools of a trail master at hand as he marked the way for the lucky riders who got to ride one of his events. I image you can conjure up that image as well !

Paul

Mike OReilly

I second Paul's comments.
For me it was a chance to return to the Berkshires and honour the memory of an outstanding collector and restorer, and do a little exploring up on Savoy Mountain above the farm where the 1973 Six Days ran, and where the ISDTRR's were.
It was also a chance to catch up with Paul, 2 weekends in a row! That alone is worth the cost of admission.
As I said to him, how many other '73 medalist's are on site today? None.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to do a final visit to Jim's while the collection was still intact and to witness it being dispersed to "the guys" as he wished. I am doing a story for the AMA magazine which I will pitch to Mitch Boehm, the editor. I think it will be compelling enough that you can watch for it coming to your mailbox sometime over the fall or winter.
Mike