Sachs 100cc

Started by Dale Sonnenschein, July 25, 2022, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Sonnenschein

Hi all

This is not a penton question, but kind of related since it's a Sachs engine. My friend has a Sachs 100cc BoonDocker. He bought it new; I believe in 69. Sometime in the early 70's he took it apart for some sort of repair. He wanted to take the flywheel off, and he snapped the threads off the end of the crank. The bike has sat since then. He's thinking he might try to repair it. My question is, is there a crank stub still available? Is the 100cc crank the same as a 125?

Thanks
Dale

firstturn

I have sold all mine, but Al may have one?
Ron Carbaugh

slvrbrdfxr

Dale,
Unfortunately, your friend probably isn't the only one out there to get bit by the left hand threads on the magneto side of the Sachs crankshaft. The early Sachs 100/125 bikes would have most likely had a 5A engine in them and so you'll need to search for a 5A crankshaft. I'll bet someone out there in Pentonville will chime in and has a spare crankshaft or the right hand half that your friend could buy to use in his engine. Happy hunting !
Dave McCullough

Dale Sonnenschein

Thanks for the help guys. Ill give Al a call and I'll do some hunting around.

firstturn

I will check for a crankshaft for you.
Ron Carbaugh

ssquickel

Dale
check Al"s web page he has a replaceable mag side shaft for 5A motor and He has them listed.

firstturn

He actually has them on his site.  Al Buehner
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Sonnenschein