2023 AHRMA Mid Atlantic Region MX/XC Series

Started by Richard Colahan, March 08, 2023, 05:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Colahan

The 2023 AHRMA Mid-Atlantic Region MX/XC season starts on the week-end of 4/15, 16 at Rocket Raceway near Three Springs PA. The MAR is the most successful Region in AHRMA for good reason: Excellent events put on and ridden by a great group of Vintage bike enthusiasts!. Come give one of our events a try...always looking for more Pentons! Full details at the Potomac Vintage Riders web site: https://www.pvrclub.org/cross_country.
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Carl Hill

Unfortunately Mid-Atlantic region seems to have dis-owned Virginia and WV. Can't really see a reason to come to Pennsylvania when they won't come south.

Richard Colahan

Perhaps the folks that actually LIVE in VA and WV would get active and start putting on races in those states...
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Carl Hill

We have a facility in southern WV that has hosted Full Gas sprint Enduro series. I spoke with the owner several years ago who was interested in hosting AHRMA as well. I contacted Fred G. But owner said nobody ever got in touch with him. If you have contact info for anyone else you think would be interested, let me know. I just figured after I tried and got no response in the past, that they were not interested.

skiracer

Having moved to FL from NY, I have found out the hard way the lack of quality vintage XC races in the surrounding states.  Looking at the 2023 AHRMA list, my travel time is over 10 hours to any race, which is why I have changed my focus to modern XC, or Sprint events.  The Northeast is king for vintage racing plain and simple.  So regardless of the politics behind the scene of why certain areas have and don't have races, if you want to race vintage be prepared to travel.  Best of luck this season to the MAR group.  I hope the weather works in your favor, I know the riders will be there.
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa