POG message board usage

Started by ALB, June 07, 2024, 10:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

I have thought how it might be nice to have Penton Owners Group mousepads made up with the website address on them. If they were not to $$ possibly send one out to each member as a Christmas gift in the December newsletter. Possibly calling the POG website the Encyclopedia of all things Penton. Just my 2 cents....  I wonder if the younger guys would need to google encyclopedia.....

Rick Bennett

Thank you Rob Hugo for clarifying all this for everyone to understand. The big move away from this forum seemed to happen when we were hacked and down for a time. Users, still wanting to talk, moved to Facebook, me included. Being able to quickly and easily add photos was another reason. You are right that we should still be posting here for posterity. Being able to search topics is one of the best features of this site. I am going to change my habits and return here. I am getting tired of Facebook adds and junk.

Rick Bennett
POG President

Kip Kern

Keep the site, a wealth of knowledge for those of us that don't use social media.  Raise dues or ask for donations like Mark's site.
Thanks!

skiracer

Thanks Rob!  Great insight there.  Hopefully we can save the board!
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Keith May

I don't post very often but I do look at the POG website every other day. I routinely check here for parts for sale and tech info from previous posts. It's nice to find remedies, or at least troubleshooting techniques, for issues that I run into from time to time. Increase of dues is fine by me if needed.

Big Mac

No FB and no MySpace either. Keep, keep, keep 🙏
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Rob Hugo

Last night the POG POG board of trustees decided that this message board will be kept active. Thank you to everyone that added your opinions here!

As I gathered data on the message board use for the report, it was very clear that the majority of visitors are using their phone. I will look into the feasibility of moving to a new system that would work better on phones.
Rob Hugo
Tumwater, WA

73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner

KJDonovan

Awesome news Rob, thanks for the update, and thanks to the trustees for their decision as well
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

ALB

This is latest update on the discussions that were held at the June and July POG meetings concerning the disposition of this message board because of the lack of activity.

The POG webmaster, Bill Smith and his assistant, Karen Turner, were at the meeting to provide information about the website and the message board.
After a review of the facts and figures regarding the usage of the website vs the message board, a motion was made and passed by the board to keep the message board up and running and that the unused categories be removed.

All is good.
Alan Buehner, Secretary of the POG
Alan Buehner

slvrbrdfxr

Thanks for the updates Rob and Al. Can't seem to send personal messages through the message board anymore. Has that function been removed or is just not working properly ??
Dave McCullough

Rob Hugo

Dave, this is the first I have heard of a problem. I just tried sending you a PM and did not see any issues. Can you let me know if you get it?

Rob Hugo
Tumwater, WA

73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner

Rain Man

FB is turning into an Ad Monger, and the better deals are here with for sale items.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons