WANTED : WASSELL

Started by RICHARD MORGAN, November 19, 2002, 09:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RICHARD MORGAN

DOES ANYONE HAVE PARTS LIST OR SERVICE MANUALS FOR THE WASSELL TRIALS BIKE?
IM ALSO LOOKINMG FOR ANY WASSELL PARTS & A RADIAL HEAD FOR THE CAST IRON "A" ENGINE.

Kip Kern

Richard,  Try Matt at "Speed and Sport" in california, I have gotten several NOS cosmetics for the Wassells from him.  Al Buehner or Larry Perkins can help you out on the Sachs engine parts, look in the "Links" section of this site.  There were no real parts listings or shop manuals on the Wassells.  I have seen a dealer brochure with pictures and have recently purchased a Wassell photo ad from the UK.

Mike Pierro

There's a Penton trials for sale in Butler PA.
I have a pic of it on my page..
[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/map351[/url

Mike

1974 250 Penton Hare scrambler
1974 Ossa SDR
1974 Ossa SDR

Mike Pierro

No Edit I see!
http://community.webshots.com/album/53087553zonfST

mike

1974 Ossa SDR
1974 Ossa SDR

3putt

Wassell parts needed here also.  Looking for exhaust header for iron cylinder "A" engine, and have an exhaust header for the alloy engine to trade or will consider a purchase. I'm looking for an air box also.  Any help or direction to locate appreciated.  Nelson

wnm

rob w

Hey guys, I am curious to know, because I have never spoken to anyone that has had one of those. Are they fun to ride and competitive? What other bikes are ridden in their vintage class? (TL125's ?) I rode a 270 Gas Gas from 96 thru 00. I miss it, but only go to vintage events anymore, I'll have to check you guys out next year.

RICHARD MORGAN

THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLIES GUYS.
I CHECKED WITH AL & LARRY,  THEY DON'T HAVE THE RADIAL HEAD. I DID GET QUITE A FEW PARTS FROM MATT. HE IS A GOOD SOURCE FOR WASSELL PARTS.
HOW MUCH IS THE WASSELL IN PA? I MAY BE INTERESTED.
ALSO INTERESTED IN ANY INFORMATION ON INSTALLING 152cc PISTON IN "A" ENGINE (MACHINING ETC.)

Mike Pierro

Richard, He's at 1500.00 but there's a enging problem !The bikes at (cycle warehouse 724-282 parts) Ask for Chris..

Mike

1974 Ossa SDR
1974 Ossa SDR

Dennis Jones

Rob with a little work these bikes work very good. Down side is low on low end grunt, heavy front end. Good side, first it's a PENTON, the front wheel sticks very good, narrow profile and exellent ground clerance. Put a 152 kit on a 5A engine with a little trials porting and move the pegs back and you have very good trialer. Some other bikes in class or Dalesman, Saracen, GRM-ISLO, GRM-Maverick, 4 speed Bultaco and Ossa, and Hodaka. I like riding these so much I've sold all my spanish trialers. I have been competeing on these since 96, finally got my wife on one this year and we are putting a new one together for my brother.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones