68/69 Penton 125 Six Days

Started by t20sl, December 07, 2002, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Anyone know of the correct diameter and length of the exhaust stinger on a high pipe steel tanker 125?  Most of these were cut off to put on a muffler but i would like to put it back to stock. Thanks

Doug Wilford

six to eight inches visualizing the memory banks ,  cannot help on the dia.

Edited by - Doug Wilford on 12/07/2002  5:22:20 PM

john durrill

t20sl,
 if its the same as a CMF pipe the its about 3/4 OD and 7 inches long. Rob W is about to put one together for a steel tanker. Dont know if its an Iron barrel or aluminum.
 He might be able to help.
John

Mark Annan

just measured the pipe on my original 69/70 Sixday.  It is approximately 4 3/8" long and 3/4" OD (20mm OD 17.7mm ID to be more precise).  

Mark

john durrill

Mark would you have the rest of the pipe specs? if you do , w have a pipe template you can use to assign the #'s to in files at the library and we can get it posted.
 Thanks , for your efforts. Next project is getting  some port maps made and the port specs for stock cylinders posted. we can do 125 b motors and 175 72-75 cylinders now. I can get the 175 76-77 cylinder done next time i check the rings.
John & Peter

Mark Annan

I'll try and get it done soon.  I have 3  steeltanker pipes.  The stock pipe on my 69/70.  It is for the large alloy cylinder and has the double walled rear section.  I also have 2 early pipes for the iron cylinders.  One has a large diameter stinger on it and a early Kerker muffler.  The other has what I believe to be a VW muffler welded on in place of a stinger.  Neither has the double walled setup.  I think both of them are genuine Penton parts (except the Kerker muffler) Penton.  Send me a copy of the pipe template if you can.  If not I'll use the one from the specs I sent you before.

I would really like to get a port map of a Sachs cylinder that is KNOWN to be stock.