Jackpiner help requested

Started by Duane Linenkugel, December 09, 2002, 05:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duane Linenkugel

I am new to the board. I am the owner of a 72 Jackpiner. I have owned the bike for 13 years. I bought it with the intent to restore and ride it. To date, I've done nothing with it. The time has come to either get it running and ride it, OR sell it off. I am not particularly mechanically inclined. I am wondering if anyone on the board would be interested in working on it. Cosmetically, the bike looks good. Mechanically??? I don't know, but believe the bike is complete. I live in Cincinnati Ohio and could deliver the bike to someone in the midwest. Anyone interested?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

3putt

If you make a decision to sell, I would be interested in seeing some photos, live several hours away, and close enough to pick it up.  You can reach me at [email protected].  Best Wishes.  Nelson

wnm

Mike Berrington

If you do decide to sell, I am also in the market and have been desperately looking for 71~73 Jackpiner for a while.  email [email protected].

(As you can see there is a lot of interest in Jackpiner's, and selling will not be an issue).

Good luck on your decision!

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

Dennis D

Duane, I bought a 72 Piner at mid Ohio this year and am in the process of restoring it. Does your bike have the enduro kit on it or was it used for moto-cross? I am looking for some good photos of an enduro as the bike that I bought appears to have been equipped that way and I would like to see the mounting of the headlamp switch and the tailight. It seems that there is no rhyme nor reason when it comes to how these bikes were equipped when they were sold. The brochure that I have shows the small headlamp and the parts book shows the large. My tailight is the same as the parts book but different from the brochure!All info about your bike will be welcome here. Welcome, Dennis D

Duane Linenkugel

Quotequote:
Duane, I bought a 72 Piner at mid Ohio this year and am in the process of restoring it. Does your bike have the enduro kit on it or was it used for moto-cross? I am looking for some good photos of an enduro as the bike that I bought appears to have been equipped that way and I would like to see the mounting of the headlamp switch and the tailight. It seems that there is no rhyme nor reason when it comes to how these bikes were equipped when they were sold. The brochure that I have shows the small headlamp and the parts book shows the large. My tailight is the same as the parts book but different from the brochure!All info about your bike will be welcome here. Welcome, Dennis D

Duane Linenkugel

Dennis-
I am not sure as to whether or not my bike was used as a motocrosser "back in the day". Presently, it has a large headlight, but no tail light, so it is hard to tell. I am told that the factory sent bikes throughout the model year with upgrades and modifications. My frame number is 2-0655610. My owners manual, a.k.a. "Instructions" shows the small headlight with the wiring diagram, etc.
Is it possible to post photos on the board? If so I can send some pictures of my bike.

Duane

Dennis D

Duane,Is the intake manifold on you bike painted enging color or is it natural aluminum. Mine appears to have never been painted. Dennis

crash carden

Duane, if you do decide to sell your 72 jackpiner and the other fellows who ask first do not buy it, I would be interested. Thanks crsah,  email [email protected]