Fuel tank decals for 1980 models

Started by sachsmx, December 10, 2002, 10:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachsmx

I recently purchased a pair of NOS fuel tank decals for 1980 model KTMs. These are the black/white/red decals that are towards the bottom of the tank. I am thinking of having these replicated and keeping these for archival purposes since they are in great shape. I have two questions:
1. Does anyone have any recommendations as to someone who can do a good job making replica decals?
2. Is there any of you guys or gals who would like to get a pair if and when the replicas are made?
Contact me if you have any recommedations, would like a set, or need pics to be sure they are the correct decals for you. I also have NOS "420" and "KTM" decals for the same bikes that I could replicate as well.

Kip Kern

I have had SOCALDECAL do all of my decals for Penton and can vouch for their excellent work.  Stripes are not too expensive but you will wrap up some $$$ in any detail work.  Remember, you don't get what you don't pay for!  Good luck!

Rocket

Here is the web site for SoCal, my boy worked there when he was going to college.
Rocket

http://www.socaldecal.com/index2.ihtml

sachsmx

Thanks for the info. I called Socaldecal and will be sending them a full size scan of the decals for quote. It seems that in order to get the best material for fuel tank decals, I need to purchase 100 pieces. I will post pricing once it becomes available for anyone who's interested.

tlanders

Doesn't Skip Miller in Texas have these decals?

wahale

tlanders

wahale