New Trails in W .V.

Started by nsujeff, January 24, 2001, 09:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsujeff

There is an article in the new(February '01)American Motorcyclist magazine about the new trail system in West Virginia.The area looks very interesting as they have a potential for 2000 miles of trails! Also a story about riding the back roads.Done that on a '69BMW R69S,lots of fun.Anybody been there yet? May be a good place for POG members to meet.-Jeff in Amherst,Ohio-
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

chkitout

I have not ridden on the new trails but I rode the Monongahela National Forest Trails in 1969 and 1970. It is the best trail ride that I have ever been on. We stayed in Elkins and one of the riders had been hunting in the area for 10 years and served as a guide. I still have some photo's and I will post them on my website in the near future. If you live near there it is well worth the trip. At the time I lived in Va. and now wish I had made a few more trips back there to ride. Beautiful place I highly recommend it.

Walt

Dean531

Jeff, are these new trails also in the Monongahela National Forest?

nsujeff

These new trails are in the southwest corner of W.V. and is called the Hatfield-McCoy Recrecreational Area.There are 3 trailheads open according to article,Logan,Man,and near Williamson. The website is
 http://www.trailsheaven.com or call 1.800.592.2217  -Jeff-

Jeffrey P. Borer
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio