how to identify year & models

Started by dustin502, January 02, 2003, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustin502

Ive got a 125 penton . dont know year or model. can anyone help me?
dustin

Doug Wilford

Need the frame number at the steering head.

dustin502

Quotequote:

the frame # is 41280403 thanks for your help

dustin

Rocket

It was built in the 12th month of 1974.  That would probably make it a 75 model.
Rocket

dustin502

can you tell if it's a six day by the frame numbers ?

dustin
dustin

Rocket

If it is a 125 with Sachs motor and has a green gastank, 99% sure that it is a 6-day.  If it has a 100cc Sachs motor and a red gastank it is a Berkshire.
Rocket

dustin502

it's got a green tank ,chrome headlight and white fenders . i never heard of a penton until i got this one . im looking forward to getting it running . anyway thanks for your help .

dustin
dustin

Doug Wilford

dustin502

Quotequote:

the frame # is 41280403 thanks for your help

dustin

Rocket

It was built in the 12th month of 1974.  That would probably make it a 75 model.
Rocket

dustin502

can you tell if it's a six day by the frame numbers ?

dustin
dustin

Rocket

If it is a 125 with Sachs motor and has a green gastank, 99% sure that it is a 6-day.  If it has a 100cc Sachs motor and a red gastank it is a Berkshire.
Rocket

dustin502

it's got a green tank ,chrome headlight and white fenders . i never heard of a penton until i got this one . im looking forward to getting it running . anyway thanks for your help .

dustin
dustin

Mick Milakovic

Dustin, try this website.  It might help with your present and future restorations.  Also, join the group and you'll get LOTS of other technical information!   Mick

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PentonRestorationandTechGroup/files/Identifying%20Your%20Penton/

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick