75Penton250 New Member Intro

Started by 75Penton250, January 24, 2003, 02:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

75Penton250

Hello fellow POGers!  Just want to introduce myself as a new member.  My name's Todd and I have a lone Penton - a '75 250 kit bike.  Pentons seem scarce in So. Cal. so I just went with what I could find.  It's a little weathered but mostly complete, including a little compression & a trace of spark!  I've enjoyed working on the old bikes almost as much as riding them so I'm happy!  I'd like to first make it a good rider then a good looker.  Having been away from the sport for many years might make this project more challenging than initially planned but that's fine with me.  I figured joining up with you guys would offset that little handicap!  The POG website has already been real helpful and I look forward to giving something back.  Thanks!

Mick Milakovic

Hi Todd,
I also have a '75 250 I'm getting ready for this race season.  And don't worry, there are a lot of us "out there" who are getting back into it.  Welcom aboard!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

Steve Minor

Welcome aboard Todd.....May I suggest that if you don't have any manuals, that should be your first step. Give Al Buehner in Cleveland, OH a call at (216) 651-6559. He'll fix you up.

Good luck and have fun,
Steve

Steve Minor

SoCal996

Welcome -- There are a few of us Penton riders in SoCal. I found that Al had most of the parts I needed in rebuilding my 72 125. I'm in Carlsbad and try and make all the AHRMA events in the West. There are also a couple of local groups that host vintage racing if your into that type of thing. Shoot me an email if you need any help.

Brian
[email protected]

tomale

Welcome Todd. glad you found us. I am pretty new to this site too, just a couple of months. I have tried to give back but I am afraid that I have little to contribute. Everyone has been really helpful. Now I know why I could never sell that KTM. It is a piece of history. Good luck with your project.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

75Penton250

Thank you all for the warm welcome, suggestions, and offers to help.  I contacted Al Buehner who's sending me the owners manual and parts list for my bike.  Right now I feel like a termite in a lumberyard - where do I start?  I think I'll wait for the manuals before I do anything too involved.  Perhaps just some cleaning and inspection are in order first.  Thanks again!

tomale

todd,
Thats a good idea. no better way to get to know your bike...besides it is a good idea to get a handle on just what kind of shape your bike really is in, so that you will know what needs to be done.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W