mint 400 exhaust pipe

Started by markseals, February 06, 2003, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markseals

Wanted serviceable 1975 penton mint 400 exhaust pipe. Please help !

mark s seals
mark s seals

Mike Lenz

There just arnt any left out there. I am fitting a 76-77 mc-5 pipe to mine. Have to change brackets but pipe fits fine. Or maybe the place Teddy Landers has been talking to could make you up one.

markseals

Mike, keep me posted on how the 76/77 pipe work's out.

mark s seals
mark s seals

john durrill

mark,
we have the specs for a stock 400 pipe and the modified Carl Cranke pipe in the Library files.
 you will have to do the welding your self or find someone that can do that for you.
 you can get all the cone's rolled and the head pipe from Aircone.
John D.

markseals

Thanks John, thats a good idea and I have a welder in the area that would help.

mark s seals
mark s seals

markseals

John Durrill, how can I get copies of the library files on 400 pipe spec, and is there a phone # for aircone?

mark s seals
mark s seals

john durrill

Mark,
 go to this web address and if your not a member join.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/PentonRestorationandTechGroup/

we have the specs in files i believe.  open the page you want . then go to files in the top tool bar on your screen and pick save as. Put it in a folder you can find easy.
 we use Quick time to view the files and print from their. pick best quality or max # of dots per inch and fit to page on you printer options. that usually gives us a good readable copy of the page.
 every ones computer and the sofware they have is a bit different so you may have to play with it a bit.
 In the end its worth the effort because it will give you access to all the little bits of info we gather on our Pentons.
 The site is just a data bank for the POG group.
 John & Peter

john durrill

Mark,
 this is the last # i have on file to reach Aircone. I know some of the POGers have had trouble with getting a complete pipe from them but i would think a set of cones and head pipe would not be a problem. just get a def deliver time out of them.
 702-566-1077 and ask for Gary
John D.

imported_n/a

Mike, are you changing the pipe brackets to fit the frame or changing the frame brackets to fit the pipe?  

Glenn

Mike Lenz

I am drilling a 6mm hole in the downtube brace on the frame and running a piece of flatstock to it with a 8mm stud welded on the other end sticking out to mount to the pipe grommet. If you put on a mc-5 pipe its obvious what to do there. The rear mount is a little more complicated and my pipe does not have a oem mc-5 silencer on it. But overall its a pretty easy fitting.

[email protected]

I have tried and tried to pull the library files to get the specs for the 400 pipe with no sucess. Is their any computer friendly Poggers out their who could pull these for me, print these out and mail to me. I wiil gladly reimburse anyone for their trouble. Thanks

john durrill

Jeff,
 we uploaded a different set of files for the 400 late last week . see if you can print them now. go to the file and pick the large size. then print from their. make sure you have fit to page and the 600 dots per inch setup for your printer. if that dosent work give me your e-mail and i will send you the files

[email protected]

John, STILL can not get this to work. Can you please print these out and send to me and I will gladly reimburse you for your time and trouble. Thanks, Jeff Anthony
8 Rookwood DR. Chillicothe, Ohio 45601

john durrill

Jeff,
 sure.  which pages would you like?
John D.

[email protected]

John, The more info the better. I need specs, prints whatever for a 74 400 pipe for mx. Thanks!