swap meet

Started by [email protected], February 14, 2003, 09:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Can anyone tell me when the Will Stoner swap meet at Mansfield is? I think it is March 2 but my buddies swear it is this weekend. Thanks

imported_n/a

Jeff
  yes it is this sunday feb 16. always a good time meeting fellow enthusiasts. see you there!

Paul Danik

How was the swapmeet?  Any good Penton items to be had?  I imagine the weather might have held down the attendance.

sachsmx

Smallest turnout (vendors) that I've seen in years. I was in and out in about 25 minutes. Since they started charging $50 per space (only 10' x 10' I believe) the vendor turnout started to dwindle. The $25 outside spaces were quite popular with the true swap meet enthusiests, but they eliminated them a while back to fill the smaller, more expensive indoor spaces. This time they were offering the outside spaces, but for $50. I'm not knocking the business guys like Al B. who set up their displays, because they are needed too.
Personally, I go to swap meets to find barn fresh project or parts bikes or to buy some hard to find item that's been in the back of someone's garage for an eternity. If the cost to rent the facility is driving the prices up for spaces, maybe they need to find a new location.
By the way, I didn't see a bike show this time.