DKW/Sachs

Started by Dante, February 04, 2001, 08:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

Hello all, I purchased a mid-70's 125 this weekend and am having problems identifying the correct year and model. I have searched the web up & down and can't find a set of forks like these.
They have an "optional" leading axle position right along side the standard position...when I can get this thing "unburied from this guys shed I will post the serial#'s....but I figure those goofy forks would give someone a clue here
        THANX, Dante in Pittsburgh

hanksie

I remember Kawasaki using forks like that back in the seventies.Might want to check that front end out for a Made in Japan stamp.

kc

Do shocks sit on top of swingarm? 72+.  Shock bolt welded to side of swingarm 71 or older.

Dante

picked up the bike today...pretty rough
frame#427005284 motor#9030546 type 1251/5A
I'm particularly interested in what it would take to get some lighting on this machine.
The wiring is cut near the case but I believe it was originally set up as an enduro. what kind of volt. regulator will work ?

Doug Wilford

[Dante;
The 125 A engine probably has the Bosch Points ignition, the lighting coils are there, you need to find a Sachs motor manual and it will tell you which wires are for what lights, I have forgotten, but you don't need a voltage regulator. Maybe some one out here can give you the wiring color codes. What emblem is on the tank DKW or Sachs? Dougquote]
picked up the bike today...pretty rough
frame#427005284 motor#9030546 type 1251/5A
I'm particularly interested in what it would take to get some lighting on this machine.
The wiring is cut near the case but I believe it was originally set up as an enduro. what kind of volt. regulator will work ?

[/quote]

Chris Brown

I also have a 125/6A motor and would like to know the designation for each color wire. The blue one went to the coil. I'm not using lights, but would be handy to know.
More importantly, how do I hook up a kill switch?
Do I just connect to the coil wire with a grounding kill switch?

Thanks, Chris

gooey

i noticed a front end on E bay that may or may not be correct ... missing the shocks,,, maybe you wanna check ???    might be a cool spare part if nuthin else

1973 Jackpiner 175,          my  "real" name is Mark McGrew, my friends call me Gooey,, Please,, call me Gooey!

gooey

WHOOPS I READ IT WRONG ! ! !

I thoght we were talking about a greeves or soomething with leading LINK front end .....

I'll accept my punishment as long as it involves food or riding time !

sorry agan ... I need to quit working so much !

1973 Jackpiner 175,          my  "real" name is Mark McGrew, my friends call me Gooey,, Please,, call me Gooey!

Heinz Raidel

wiring diagrams...

I think someone posted a wiring diagram in the files section of the vinduro site, but that may have been for the motoplat.
\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

Heinz Raidel

wiring diagrams...

I think someone posted a wiring diagram in the files section of the vinduro site, but that may have been for the motoplat.
\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

Dante

Quotequote:
wiring diagrams...

Dante

I went over to Vinduro but the schematic is no longer posted. I contacted the fellow who
had posted it.......We'll see what happens

Bob

Hello, I was the person that posted the diagram and it was for a 72 Penton Jackpiner with a Motoplat.

I've moved it here -> http://photos.yahoo.com/vinduro

Someone else at Vinduro posted a link to Hercules diagrams. That would be helpful. I'll see if I can retrieve the link for you all.

Bob

Ok, the Hercules wiring diagrams are here :

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/herculesig/hercules_e.html

Click on "Workshop", then "Wiring Diagrams".