New Pipes

Started by rd400pi, May 06, 2003, 02:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400pi

Hey POGrs,
   I recently emailed the Circle F pipe guys to see if they made Penton/KTM stuff for my 72/74 Six Day or my 76 MC5 250.  They emailed back said no but to try Jemco or Ace.  I called Jemco and they are just down the street from Circle F.  Apparently Circle F guy used to work at Jemco.  Anyway, Jemco makes a 74 250 pipe for about $180 which is a little different from the Circle F pipe.  IE: tapered head.  It comes with either a built-in or attached silencer(your choice). He seemed open to the idea of making some other style pipes if there was enough interest.  
   The Ace guy also makes a pipe for the 74 250.  He would be willing to make a pipe jig and pipes for other stuff if the demand would be at least 10 pipes or so to cover setup and to make a buck.  He is very busy however,  so it would be a few months before he could get to it.  He seemed interested that I knew where a bunch of rabid Penton guys were and that they communicated and seemed a bit organized.
   Soooo, this brings me to some questions.  I know we email constantly about pipes.  Is the treasure hunt method the way to continue to go or do we want to organize a bit and try to get certain models made?  I know Karl makes the rear end shroud/cover for some pipes but not the whole pipe, correct?  How about a Berk/Six Day/Piner style? Which is the most common bike in that group?  The Six Day, I imagine?  The 250 sounds about covered for mid-70s.  How about the MC5 types?  Thoughts from the group?

Humbly submitted,

Mike Husted (rd400pi)
      72/74 Six Day & 76 MC5 250

Edited by - rd400pi on 05/06/2003  2:48:00 PM

tomale

Hey Mike,
As it turns out I am not in need of a pipe. I have two. I have the stock pipe that has hardly been used and a custom pipe that was made specifically for my bike. While I was still in calif. I became friends with a guy that made pipes. He had several guys working for Him. The name of the company was Protopipe. I don't think that they are still around. Anyway, When my bike came out, they wanted to build pipes to fit my bike. I even saw a ad in I think Motocross Action with a picture of my bike. that was kind of cool. Anyway they built the pipe for free and in turn I gave them some feed back as to how well it worked. As part of the deal I got a spark arrestor too. I don't remember how the stock pipe works compared with the custom.
If someone would like the specs from it I guess that I could pull them. I could send some pictures too. I sure like the pipe.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike Lenz

Im pretty set for pipes but I know most arnt. Come on guys who needs a 400 pipe?

don howard

Hi Mike. I would be interested in a 71 steel tanker 125 cc. pipe. anybody else?  don howard

Mick Milakovic

I've got a '75 250 that I plan on keeping forever, and wouldn't mind an extra pipe. Does anybody know the address or phone # for Circle F and Jemco?  Does the tapered head pipe work better?

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

rd400pi

Hey guys,
  I'll post the phone numbers for these pipe guys later today.  I'm at work now and can't get to it.
    Mike Husted (rd400pi)

Edited by - rd400pi on 05/07/2003  08:13:39 AM

mark nitchman

I would be willing to order two 400 MC5 pipes.  We need to talk abit about silencers.  I am also looking for a 175 MC5 pipe.  Good luck

tomale

Hey Mike,
As it turns out I am not in need of a pipe. I have two. I have the stock pipe that has hardly been used and a custom pipe that was made specifically for my bike. While I was still in calif. I became friends with a guy that made pipes. He had several guys working for Him. The name of the company was Protopipe. I don't think that they are still around. Anyway, When my bike came out, they wanted to build pipes to fit my bike. I even saw a ad in I think Motocross Action with a picture of my bike. that was kind of cool. Anyway they built the pipe for free and in turn I gave them some feed back as to how well it worked. As part of the deal I got a spark arrestor too. I don't remember how the stock pipe works compared with the custom.
If someone would like the specs from it I guess that I could pull them. I could send some pictures too. I sure like the pipe.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike Lenz

Im pretty set for pipes but I know most arnt. Come on guys who needs a 400 pipe?

don howard

Hi Mike. I would be interested in a 71 steel tanker 125 cc. pipe. anybody else?  don howard

Mick Milakovic

I've got a '75 250 that I plan on keeping forever, and wouldn't mind an extra pipe. Does anybody know the address or phone # for Circle F and Jemco?  Does the tapered head pipe work better?

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

rd400pi

Hey guys,
  I'll post the phone numbers for these pipe guys later today.  I'm at work now and can't get to it.
    Mike Husted (rd400pi)

Edited by - rd400pi on 05/07/2003  08:13:39 AM

mark nitchman

I would be willing to order two 400 MC5 pipes.  We need to talk abit about silencers.  I am also looking for a 175 MC5 pipe.  Good luck

LINDEMAN

I need a 74-75 400 pipe.I bought a set of twin pipes from John at Jemco.He sent the wrong product,and it took 3-4 butt kissing c-mon do the right thing type calls before he resolved the problem.If he had the product ready to ship and you verified the application he would probably be ok to deal with.

Dwight Rudder

See Kip Kern for Steel Tanker pipes. I believe Aircone makes them. I got one but it took a year to get it. It was nice.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.