Sachs Case Blues

Started by kejob, May 17, 2003, 11:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kejob

I am in search of help! I have a Wassell motor to rebuild. I just purchased new center cases and they DON'T FIT! The main shaft bearing is the smaller one from my motor. Can I just replace the main shaft or is there a bearing that would match my shaft (I think I got the shaft) and the new case? What are my option? Thanks for any help.

Doug Wilford

Replace the main shaft assy.   With the newer larger one and all will be fine, unless you got "B" cases then the crankshaft wont work either.   Good luck on the rebuild.  The shimming is very critical and with the new cases you will have to measure and reshim everything.  You should replace the shifting assys also.   You will have very little adjustment with the solid selector rod end

Edited by - Doug Wilford on 05/18/2003  07:52:40 AM

kejob

Doug, I've uses Alan Buenher in the past. Would he be a good source to know what I will need? Or whoo else can I find for the parts I will need? Not much to choose from on ebay. Thanks

Doug Wilford

Al Buehner, Jake Fischer and Larry Perkins should know what you need.

kejob

Doug, Thanks for the fedback. I ordered the trans bearings from alan the other day. He mentioned it would be best to stay with the set up I currently have rather than swapping main shafts. I have the larger end one in a set of center cases that need to be welded. The new center cases are the old type with the smaller end main shaft bearing. So I have a brand new set of center cases I can't use. That's the breaks (that need to be heliarched). I'll keep you posted if I run into anything else. Thanks again, Wayne