Greenwood, Mo Vintage Races

Started by Randy Kirkbride, May 21, 2003, 11:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

I'll be spectating at the Greenwood, MO vintage races this weekend. Any fellow POGers there just flag me down and introduce yourself. I'll be the one in the PENTON
t-shirt. haha

AndyL

Randy:  Stop by where you see the Hodaka Racing banners. I will have my three Hodakas (I didnt get to finish my Jackpiner)

I know RadRandy (80 250 KTM) and I will be there.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Randy Kirkbride

Andy,
I'll look you up for sure. Will you be there both days?  I probably will get there late Saturday.  Eleven hour drive is tough on an old man.
Randy

AndyL

Randy,
I only live about 5 miles from Harpers, so I will stop in on Fri nite. Can't spend all day friday cause I gotta work :(.  I will get there in the AM on Sat and spend all weekend.  

Should be a handful of POG'ers there.  I know Teddy coming, Phast Phil and Mark from Vinduro and more.

I wish I could get my 175 going.  It is all back together but it just wont fire more than once or twice.  Good contant spark and I am sure I set all the tolerance up right.

I am going to take a good look at the carb on it.  It is a Mikuni and I am beginning to suspect it was just thrown in with the bike and the pilot is way too big and it is flooding out.

Are you going to have a Penton shirt on?  I will watch for you.  

We should all be parked across the road from the start/finish line at the end of the tree line that parrallels the road.  A tan Lincoln, an RV, and a dark blue Cherokee.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

metalkfab

Enjoy the weekend there,Randy.If you want to leave on friday,you drive north to Cleveland and I'll loan you my Berkshire for the 100cc race on saturday.Hoping you'll race your 125 on sunday!

Randy Kirkbride

Andy,
I'll, for sure, have my Penton shirt on. I'll find you OK. Sounds like that Jackpiner needs a good old Bing to get it going. I'll see if I have a spare you can try. If so I'll bring it with me.  
Karl, Sounds tempting, but I'm not going to leave till after work. Probably have to drive all nite just to get there in time to see the 100's run.
Thanks anyway,
Randy

tlanders

Randy,

Rosemary and I are planning on arriving Friday night. When I went to convert my locked up Six Day (it happened in the last race at Moberly last fall) to a Bershire, I discovered that it didn't seize, the rod bearing went out. I am frantically trying to get it back together again by tomorrow night with the help of overnighted parts from Al Buehner. However, if I don't succeed, or I do get it back together in time but can't get the jetting right, or, or, or, it would be GREAT if it was alright with Karl if you could bring Karl's Bershire for me to ride otherwise I am borrowing one of Phast Phil's Hodakas.

Andy,

Bring your Piner, I have a lot of parts including a Mikuni set up for a Piner and a bing also and would enjoy trying to get it running with you. We will have Saturday morning to play with it if I'm not still working on my Bershire. Call me 417-256-0699 home, 417-256-2002 work.

Teddy

Randy Kirkbride

Teddy,
Sorry, I'd like to help you out but we'll be driving my wife's Honda as we're heading out west for vacation after the races. Is anyone else from Ohio headed that way that could help out???

Andy,
I found a complete 32 Bing less the 2 cable adjusters on the top. Also have throttle cable I've already put them in the car to bring.

Randy

Mark Annan

I'll be there for both days.  No 100 to race (Wish I was in range of Karl's Berkshire !!) so I won't be racing Saturday.  I will be there for the school.  I'll be riding my '73 Sixday in classic 125, novice.  See everyone there.

Mark

tlanders

Randy, Thanks, I just did get the parts in about 1/2 hour ago and there is a good chance that the Bershire will be running by Saturday afternoon.
Andy, With Randy's wonderful offer, do you want me to bring the Mikuni? I'll have some BIng parts in any case. Fred Hunter is going to bring his 250 KTM engine and we are going to take it apart Saturday morning. He is rebuilding it and I have made a couple tools to facilitate KTM engine tear down. Sounds like Saturday will be fun getting a couple of Pentons running.

Teddy

AndyL

Randy,
Thanks! I appreciate the help and will take care of you when we meet!

Teddy, Thanks for the offer but I would like to go back with a Bing.  I may have to make a second trip, but I will try to get the Jackpiner out to Harpers. (trailer only fits three bikes).  I absolutely want to watch you and Fred tear into the 250.

See you all Sat!

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Randy Kirkbride

Sounds like it's going to be a great day for some group pictures.  I'll have my camera for sure.

metalkfab

Ted,I'm hoping you get that Berkshire togather in time to give the hodie's a run for their money.Next time I'll ship this berkshire early via forward air to you,just to keep you off of a Hodie.I guess now I'll just have to break-in those new tires and rims in my backyard and hear the wife B---- about the lawn.I always thought that yards look nicer with lines in them!Newtires,polished shoulderless Akronts,fresh bore,fresh paint,new cables---MAN! I wanted someone to show this machine off. Thanks to all who tried. Karl